11

Elle's POV

I was drying my hair and getting my straighteners to do their magic when I heard the door bell going. Vic. Kellin was being a little rash with the whole, you can only go if you take him with you, I could do without him trying to grass me up to my dad.

I sighed and finished my hair moving on to my make-up. I decided on minimal make-up apart from my eyes. I did my eyes smoky and used red lipstick to make my lips stand out more than my eyes. I pursed them and kissed the corner of my mirror and smiled at the mark it left. I'd always done it before going anywhere if the lipstick I was wearing happened to be red, I guess it's like a lucky charm to me, I left the house without doing it once, I broke my ankle.

I walked over to my wardrobe to find the right clothes. I'd put on my shirt, a Sleeping With Sirens one and was in that and my underwear, I threw some jeans and a black flaring skirt on my bed with some braces and looked at my options. I picked the skirt and wore thick black tights underneath. I smiled at my appearance and grabbed a light jacket.

I grabbed my shoes, platform black ankle boots and zipped up the back of my skirt putting on the braces and leaving them to hang. I hugged my jacket closer to my skin and decided on grabbing a coat too. I walked down the stairs and saw Vic and Kellin on the sofa talking......about me.

"I know it's mad for me to say it but if she likes Ashley, I'll kill him if he hurts her and turn myself in to the fucking police, I've seen what happens to girls that end up with Ashley. I mean, if it was CC, that's totally different, he's cool and looks after everyone, I mean so does Ash but at least CC looks after the girls he's with and doesn't use them" Kellin sounded frustrated. I stayed by the stairs until I had to move.

"Look, I agree, I personally think she's a pretty young girl and needs to be treated like she's a princess and anything less doesn't go but it's her choices man, if she ends up with a hobo, it's not got anything to do with you, well sort of" Vic smiled at Kellin and gave him a small hug and stood up going into the kitchen. Kellin followed him and started to talk again.

"Dude, If everyone had that attitude, I'd let them marry her and let her have their babies but that's not the point, she's young and with her past, who knows what else went on, I know about the bullying but maybe there's more than that, she said she wouldn't tell me if she liked someone, so what if there was something wrong, would she tell me?" He sounded sad and like he was panicking slightly, but he had a point, I wouldn't tell him unless I had to.

"Look Kellin, you're her dad now, you need to be there for her, support her with everything she does, and I promise i'll back you and her up, 100%, you're my best friend and she's new to all this, when we go on tour, she can spend more time with us and other people and she'll forget about her past" Vic patted him on the back and sat on the counter with a glass of water.

"Vic, can I ask you something, you'll think i'm a bad parent and i'm only thinking of myself but I need you to do it for me" I heard Kellin's voice break and he sniffled making a sad cry out loud then carried on with his question.

"Anything Kellin" Vic's voice was thick and laced with worry.

"I think Rach has gone, for good and i'm here messing around with Elle's love life, I want you to look after her, could you maybe, take her out not officially a date but so I can sort my life out a little bit, only once in a while, whenever you can, please, I need this" Kellin was now on the floor in tears trying not to curl into a ball and I was standing behind the wall trying not to scream out. I felt like it was my fault somehow, I caused this all to happen.

"Honestly, I was thinking of it anyway" Vic whispered but I had no trouble hearing him. So there I was smiling to myself like an idiot because Vic Fuentes is going to take me out and my dad's still on the floor crying his sweet, broken heart out. I had to do something. I crept back up the stairs and grabbed my phone ringing Jake.

"Hey, were just leaving"

"Okay Jake, erm Vic's tagging along, by request of my dad is that cool?"

Silence.

"Hells yeah, is it about the whole Ashley thing? CC told me that Kellin had a word with him and CC told everyone to find out whether he's being nice, or just wants to sleep with you, so far, he seems very"

More Silence.

"Respectful, towards you, not like he's never been with any other girl but I still think you should find someone else"

I thought for a moment.

"Jake, can I ask you for some advice?"

Silence.

"Sure thing, what is it kiddo?"

I breathed and thought again for a moment.

"I over heard my dad, he's really fucking sad about....stuff and Vic promised he'd look after me and he's going to take me out and stuff, should I, yano, take a chance and trust him or should I tell them i'm not comfortable with the situation?"

I heard him breathing on the other end and then another voice, quieter than Jakes voice but I could just make out that it was Andy's voice.

"Hey princess, it's Andy, now I hear you want some advice, Jake's not the best with all that but I am the prince of that kingdom and i'll help, so tell me, what do you need help with?"

His voice soothed me and I told him slower than I told Jake and he didn't take any time to give me an answer.

"How would you feel if he was to take you on a date?"

"I suppose it would be....sweet"

"Then follow your heart, if your head says no and your heart says yes, go for it, what i'm saying is, let Vic look after you, go to the movies and stay with him and spend time with his band too, make your dad happy, spend time with Kellin, let him know he's not alone, make everyone see the bright, beautiful and sweet caring side to you that shines through without anyone noticing, and if you need anyone to talk to, you know where I am, you can come here and stay over whenever you like"

I felt happy with what he had said, it made more sense now and I was so glad I'd called Jake in the first place because they are amazing.

"Andy, your amazing, I love you, why don't you come to the movies in 10 minutes with me and the others, i'll even buy your popcorn and sweets?"

Pause

"Okay, you won me over with the I love you and then to add popcorn and sweets, you're a fucking star, i'll get a ride with the guys, i'll see you soon princess"

"Bye Andy"

He hung up the phone and I walked back downstairs now happy I could sort things out and the first thing I did was go up to Kells and kiss him on the cheek and give him a hug. He smiled and told me how amazing I was, I knew that of course. I linked my hand with Vic's and pulled him towards the door.

Time to get going.