Superheros (part 2)

Tick tick tick, the small movements of the clock kept Scott focused on something as he waited nervously in the mostly empty cafe. It was six minutes past five and you hadn't shown up yet. A jingle of the bell hanging above the swinging door brought his attention to the front. You were standing there, in a little sundress, hoping that you hadn't overdressed.

"Hi." He stood up to greet you, tripping over his chair in the meantime. He adjusted his shirt and pulled out a chair for you. "You um, you came."

"Yeah no, sorry I'm late. I wasn't expecting time to pass so quickly." You nervously chuckled.

"No no, it's totally cool." He shifted uncomfortably in his seat. "So uh, do you know what you want?"

"Yeah. I get the same thing every time I come here. Benny's original never gets old."

"Benny's original? I always get their BLT sub."

"Oh how basic." You teased.

"Is that a bad thing?"

"Well Mr. Wolfy, for someone who sneaks around stopping crime in the city, I think a little 'basic' wouldn't be so bad. So now I know your favorite sandwhich don't you think it would be a fair idea to give me your name?"

He smiled, "As long as I can get yours in turn? Scott McCall." He reached his hand out.

"(Y/N)," you shook his hand.

You spent the rest of the date telling each other about your personal lives and what inspired each of you to follow the vigilante life. By the end of the day, you were sure you'd fallen head over heels for this unique creature, and he shared your feelings. Neither of you had ever felt such a connection to anyone else in your dark lives. The two of you left Benny's side by side. Scott offered to walk with you home, and you couldn't deny his sweet eyes and genuine smile.

"So have you ever done this before?" He asked.

"Go on a date with another vigilante hero who I met on a mission?" You looked up to the sky, pretending to think. "No, this is a first for me."

He laughed softly, "I meant, gave you ever had a day like this? A normal, quiet, day. Where you just..enjoyed yourself without worrying about whatever else was happening around you?"

Smiling understandingly, you shook your head. "It's been a while, you?"

"Ditto."

"I like it. This is something I could get used to." You relieved as the both of you arrived before your home. "I um, I had a wonderful time with you today."

"Yeah, me too. We could um, do it again sometime?"

"Of course. I'd gladly run into you on another mission. Until then, goodbye Scott." You gave him a quick peck on the cheek as he blushed through a shy goodbye.