Whoever Imagine - School Dances Part 2

"I'm so so happy for you! I know you've been wanting to find someone, and he seems to really like you. There's undoubtedly a chemistry between you guys." Blah blah blah. As much as you appreciated the happiness your friend felt for you, and her "words of wisdom," you simply could not focus on what she was saying. Crazy thoughts rampaged through your head and short clips of what happened flashed rapidly in your mind.
"What do I do now?!"
You cut off your friend. "What? What do you mean?"
"I mean..when I go back outside. Do I like..ask him out? Or..?"
"You could. Yeah you totally could ask him out. Orrrr he could ask you out." She smiled and playful poke your side.
"But what if he doesn't? What if he's too shy? Or if he doesn't even like me like that."
"Okay, first of all, he absolutely positively does like you. I mean, did you see the way he was staring at you?? And secondly, if he really is too shy, well leave that to me. But seeing how straightforward he was about asking you to dance with him, I doubt that'll be an issue." I smiled gently, worry slowly receding from my mind. "Now go my young bird, go be with your love!!" She winked and began to push me back into the gymnasium. My eyes began to search the floor for him.
-
(Y/C)'s POV
-
"I was trying so hard to play it cool. I think I pulled it off, but I have no idea how I managed to do so. She's so freaking beautiful. I mean, she literally glows with beauty. Whenever she enters a room, it's as if everything around me becomes a blur, and all I can notice is her. All I can see is her bright smile. All I can hear is her joyous laughter. All I can smell is her perfume. That sweet scent of berries, and a hint of whatever flower there is. Have you noticed her fearlessness? She dances as though no one will judge her, but it isn't that they don't judge her, she merely cares not for that judgement. She absorbs all the chaos around her, and she thrives off of it. When she dances, speaks, breathes, you can feel the energy radiating from her. It's incredible. She's incredible. She's intoxicating." I looked beside me.
"I don't know what poetry book you swallowed but okay." Danny looked as if he just awoke from a trance. "All I can say is, if you're so in love with her, ask her out. I mean, you already danced with her. And both of you seemed to enjoy it."
"No. No I can't do that."
"Why not?"
He sighed. "And why not?"
"Because she doesn't deserve someone like..like me. She deserves so much more. An entire world of riches isn't good enough for a soul as hers. It's not like I could provide even a tenth of that anyway."
"Dude, just go for it. The worst thing that can happen is being rejected. At least you can say you tried. What she's happy only when she's with you?"
"That's not-"
Danny cut me off.
"Shush, let me talk. That is a possibility, anything is possible. How could you live the rest of your life knowing you never tried to win over the love of your life? How could you live knowing you could have made her so so happy, but you never had the guts to. You can't just live in fear of rejection, no matter how hard you think you may fall. Now goooo, I just saw her somewhere over there." He pointed out where he thought she was. You scoped out that section of the floor before your eyes landed on her. She was looking for someone. Your heart jumped, maybe she was looking for you.
"Thanks Danny." You said, not taking your eyes off her. You got up and moved your way through the crowd.
"(Y/N)! You called out. She spun around to face you as you walked closer to her. Her upturn lips made your stomach flutter.
"Hey..I've been looking for you."
"Me too. I mean, I've been looking for you as well."
-
Your POV
-
You could feel your heart beating quicker and quicker. He was looking for me. You looked down sheepishly.
"Go out with me."
"What?" He caught you off guard.
"I mean, sorry. I-, um, will you go out with me? On a date?"
The amount butterflies in your stomach grew tremendously and your mind turned to mush.
"Yea, yes, of, of course." You stuttered. Taking a breath, you repeated your answer in a calmer manner. "Yes. I would love to."
His face lit up with joy. You could tell he was expecting a much different answer. "Alright, I'll pick you up, Thursday at 5? Do you like froyo?"
"Aha, yeah."
"Okay great! I'll see you then." For a moment you guys stood there, awkwardly, trying to figure out what to do next.
"Alright, I'll, see you later then." You said before walking (concentrating very much on not skipping giddily) back to your friends to tell them the news. What a night. You thought to yourself as you made your way back to your friend group.