Fifty Five

Just to clear up the timeline: This chapter happens the night before the day Mike went back to the cliff(:

Will.

"We'll be back, Will." My mom smiled at me, putting her purse strap over her shoulder. I nodded, glancing over at Troy. He gave me a small smile, then followed my mom out the door. I heard the door lock, so I plopped down on the couch lazily. They're going out to get groceries apparently? Troy loves my mom, they do stuff together all the time. I just don't feel like going out lately, or I'd go along.

I was starting to get comfortable when the phone started ringing loudly. I groaned, standing up quickly. I hurried over to the phone, pulling it off the wall and putting it to my ear.

"Hello?" I spoke up, and immediately started getting a dry feeling in my throat. I panicked a bit, my stomach doing flips.

"Will? I need someone to talk to," it was Mike, something's wrong. He needs me, but I can't be here right now.

"Uh, I don't wanna talk right now," I rushed out without thinking, then hung up the phone and silently scolded myself while running to the bathroom. I closed the door, just in case, then hurried over to the sink. Like so many nights before, I coughed harshly until the disgusting slug fell into the sink. I stared at it, slowly turning the water on. It went quickly down the drain, and I sighed.

I was drained now, so I rinsed my mouth then headed out and into my room. I laid down, slowly getting closer and closer to sleep.

I fell asleep with Mike on my mind, and I felt deep regret.

-

Sorry this is so short, it kinda needed to be. Longer ones up ahead! Love you all <3

edit, 6-21-19: The slugs are so frickin important in this series y'all just saying