Eighteen

Sorry guys, this chapter isn't the best :\
I've been having terrible writer's block lately, and it's making it hard to write. I'm managing, obviously, it's just hard.
Enjoy💝

edit, 6-20-19: ^^Mood always

Lucas.

I'm not sure where Will is going, but I can't find it in myself to care right now. Too much is happening, everyone is acting weird. Will too obviously likes Mike, and I'm not sure what's going on with Mike. He acts kind of like he likes him back, but I know he doesn't. It's confusing, but everything is nowadays.

Dustin, Max, and I rode to school in an awkward silence. No one knew what to say, there wasn't anything to talk about.

I plan to talk to the Chief after school. If no one else will help me find Erin, I'm sure he will. He'll know what to do. I hope so, at least. I really can't ask Mike for help now, and I'm sure Will won't want to be bothered. Dustin seems to think Erin isn't important, and so does Max. Not that I want Max to help, but I'm getting desperate.

We arrived to school quickly, and the first thing I saw was our principal. He was talking to all of the girls, and he motioned Max over. She glanced at us before jogging over to the group of girls. We waited for her, Dustin made me. I wasn't about to argue with him, either. We're all arguing too much lately.

Soon, she ran back over, shrugging at us. "He said any girl that wants to go home is allowed. Only girls are being taken, so he said to just do whatever is most comfortable for us," she explained, and my eyes widened as I saw a bunch of girls climbing back onto their buses. They looked happy, bantering about how they don't have to go to school until the other girls are found. It made me mad, honestly. Girls are missing and they're seeing it as a good thing.

"Are you going home?" Dustin spoke up, giving her a sad expression. She smiled fondly at him, shaking her head.

"No, I feel safe as long as I'm with you," he smiled wide, and I rolled my eyes. I just ignored them, starting to walk to the school. They're more couple-y than Mike and El were, it's gross. I'll never understand it.

The school day was too long, but I got through it. The second the final bell rang, though, I was outside and on my bike. I hope Chief Hopper is at the station, I need to talk to him as soon as possible.

On my way to the station, I passed the woods, and I got a weird feeling. It was warm, and it spread across my entire body. It felt almost like someone was with me, standing really close so I could feel their body heat. It didn't stop until I passed the trees and went onto the main road.

I glanced back, feeling really weird. What did that mean?

I arrived quickly, and I immediately saw the Chief's car. I ran into the station, talking to the lady right inside. She allowed me to go back into his office, which caused me to thank her loudly. She nodded her head, motioning in the direction of his office.

I hurried down the short hallway and eventually arrived in his doorway, where he looked up at me with curious eyes.

"Lucas? What're you doing here alone?" His face only contorted more, and I walked in and closed the door.

"We need to look for Erin, Chief! And the other girls, but Erin has been there longest. We've just left her down there, no one is trying to find her. Or, them..." I drifted off, realizing that I was only talking about Erin. I can't help it, she just matters the most to me.

He didn't say anything at first, he just looked down at his desk and looked deep in thought. Then, he looked up at me with a hard expression.

"You know what? You're right. Sit down, let's get to planning."

-

This is where it begins, guys. Get ready.

^^edit, 6-20-19: Y'all I say this like ten times throughout the book lmaooo