Two

Idk if I like this Nancy part but oh well
I love Nancy so much look how precious

edit, 5-6-19: ^^hA. I don't like Nancy at all oops
But she's cool in this story so

Nancy.

Losing El has been difficult for everyone. It feels weird, I got so close to her in only a week. She just does that a lot, huh?

Mike isn't ok, it's obvious. He's too calm about it, he's hiding all of his feelings. I want him to be ok and talk things out, but he insists he's fine. It's worrying me. It's also stressing me out, which is horrible. No one really thinks to ask if I'm ok through everything. I miss Barb most in these times. We used to sit and talk for hours, we could tell each other anything. She'd listen to me and I'd listen to her. I never truly found anyone else after she left. I'm just with Steve and Jonathan now.

Don't get me wrong, I'm thankful for them both, but it's hard. I have no one to truly talk to. I could talk to Jonathan, he'd listen, it would just feel weird. It might also be worth it, though? I don't know, I probably will. I'm so indecisive.

I might as well, and right now is the best time to go. I know he's home, he said he doesn't have work today. And I was downstairs when Mike and his friends walked in, meaning Will is here. It's perfect timing.

Plus, my mom doesn't have to know I left, so I can walk.

-

Mike.

In a perfect world, we finished that night off. We finished our dance, I got her a drink, and things went on. We talked some more, then danced again. We went home, but I snuck out and went to Will's house. I climbed through her window and I talked to her for hours. I held her tight, and I didn't let go. And I'd promise her that I'd be there forever.

That's my perfect world. I got pure Hell.

Throughout that week that she was once again with me, I was terrified the whole time. I held her tight out of fear of losing her, I never wanted to let go. Just in case.

Wherever she is, I'm sure she's blaming me. Telling herself that I didn't fight for her, that I don't love her. Only one of those is true, and I wish I could've saved her. But the harsh reality is that I'm a small, weak thirteen-year-old boy. And I have no power in this ginormous world. I never did.

Everyone is worried about me, but they shouldn't be.

"I'm fine, just a little bit sad," I spoke dully as I walked down my stairs and into the basement. My friends thumped down behind me, along with Max. Still don't know why she's involved.

"Mike, you really aren't fooling anyone," Dustin mumbled, but I ignored him as I plopped down on the couch. I just looked at them as they stood in front of me, all wearing worried expressions.

"Guys, why are you so worried about me? I'm taking it better than I did last time," I reminded, and Will nodded.

"Yeah, that's why we're worried," Will had a tone that implied I was being dumb. I ignored it.

"Well, you shouldn't worry. Especially not you, no offense." I shrugged, pointing at Max. She gave me a hurt look, but she had little reason to be hurt. She doesn't know me, for one, so why would she care about me?

"What is that supposed to mean? Mike, she cares about you, she's our friend," Dustin immediately spoke up in her defense, which was expected.

"I don't trust her, so why should I be nice? I played the game for a long time, Dustin." I have nothing to lose anymore, right?

"A long time? Mike, it's only been a little over a week! I played the 'El is alive' game for almost a year! There's nothing up with Max. You're just feeling sour about Eleven."

"Don't call her Eleven," I shot back, but he just rolled his eyes and started to walk upstairs.

"You're being ridiculous and I don't want to deal with it," He huffed, and Max glanced at me before following him upstairs. I heard the front door close and turned to look at Will and Lucas.

"She makes you feel weird, too?" Lucas spoke up in an uneasy voice, and I looked at him with wide eyes.

"Do you feel weird, too, Will?" I asked loudly, and he nodded briefly. "Ok, well, we need to find out what's up with her."

-

Casually worrying about Mike😕

edit, 5-6-19: ^^Hahahahjjsjehsjsjssskkss Mike's so annoying in this story bYE