Four

Mike.

It doesn't feel like Christmas break. Christmas break is supposed to be the time you hang out with friends. Not just that, but the time when you're happy and full of life. These past two years have been the opposite. This year is worse, as well.

I walked into my house slowly, trying to avoid my sister. I've been avoiding her for a long time, but it'll be a lot harder now that school is out. Unless she hangs out with Jonathan a lot, that is.

My mom was the one to stop me, and I looked at her with bored eyes.

"I want you to some have something to eat," she ordered, and I furrowed my eyebrows at her.

"Why?"

"You haven't been eating lunch? Michael, you don't eat breakfast, either. I know this has been hard on you, but you can't do this! This will kill you!" She was losing it, obviously. I know it's my fault, but it's still weird to see. She's normally pretty put-together. Well, at least when her children aren't refusing to do things that will keep them alive.

"Mom, I'm fine, I don't need anything to eat," I assured, but her eyes just grew bigger.

"Michael, did you hear me? This will slowly kill you!" She yelled again, looking at me like I just confessed to murder.

"Yes, did you hear me? I'm fine," I retaliated, trying to walk away, but she stopped me.

"Please, Mike, just eat," she breathed out, and now she's crying. I really wasn't hungry, but I just want her to leave me alone. So I agreed.

She walked me into the kitchen and she made me something quickly.

"Do we have grape juice?" I randomly brought up, and she looked at me with furrowed eyebrows.

"Why? You don't like grape juice." She turned to face me with an uneasy expression.

"Well, I changed my mind. Do we have any?" I asked again, and she nodded slowly.

"Uh, yeah. We still have some from when-"

"Yeah, I got it," I cut her off, walking to the fridge. I pulled out the juice and poured it slowly into a cup. I don't like the taste of grape things, it's just such a weird flavor. I've never liked it. But once in a while, I like to do something that makes me feel closer to her.

I ate, for my mom's sake. And I forced the grape juice down, for my sanity's sake. I was about to finish eating when my sister came down the stairs. I silently panicked, rushing to finish.

"Mom, do you know what happened to my-" That's all I heard, I was out of there. I ran up the stairs and into my room. I don't plan to come out until Christmas morning, either.

-

This was short and it sucked. Might update again, but no promises(: