Fifty Four

Will.

I made sure my bike was steady, then looked over towards my friends. My eyebrows furrowed, and I hurried over. As I neared, my eyes narrowed a bit.

"Where's Mike?" I spoke slowly, the words nearly crawling from my mouth. As I said that, I noticed how Max is also still gone.

"We don't know. I went to his house, since it's my morning, and he wasn't there. No one answered the door," Dustin answered, and I frowned. Last time that happened, it was bad news. I'm hoping something small just happened, and he didn't want to come or maybe his family was going somewhere.

"Shouldn't we look further?" I asked in a small voice, and Lucas gave me a look.

"Will, you've been ignoring him for almost a week. Why do you care suddenly?" he nearly snapped, obviously mad at me. I was stunned for a minute, then looked around guiltily.

"He called me last night and said he needed someone to talk to," I started, and Lucas immediately caught on.

"Have you not learned anything, Will? He went into the hospital because you wouldn't talk to him on the damn phone! He calls and needs to talk again, you just talk to him! Is it that hard? Do you have to let your little crush get in the way of possibly saving his life?" he ranted on, his words harsh and loud. Lucas is mad easily, yeah, but never this mad.

"It's not that easy-" I tried to talk in a whisper, but he cut me off again, stepping a little closer and pointing at me.

"No, Will, it is that easy. I don't give a shit if you think it hurts you to talk to him. You feel no pain in comparison. He's hurting ten times more than you ever will, and you're the only one that could help. How do you not see that?" he yelled once more, then stormed off towards his bike. Dustin and I called after him, but he just waved us off. "I'm finding Mike."

"Should we come with?" Dustin yelled back, and Lucas turned to look at us one last time.

"I'm finding Mike. Alone."

-

Erin.

We all were sitting around, doing nothing. Nothing is happening lately, which is good. Holly's been doing ok, she really likes me. I think she finds comfort in me, which is good. She needs that if she's gonna go through all of this.

Midway through sitting around, Adrianna randomly sat up really straight and looked around at us. She turned to Jennifer, and we all started questioning her.

"Adrianna, what is it?" Emma insisted, and Adrianna kept looking at Jennifer in shock.

"Jennifer, you..." she started, but then stopped.

"Oh my god, Adrianna, spit it out!" Lauren scolded, and Adrianna seemed to snap out of whatever mood she was in.

"Jennifer can get us out. She's our ticket out!" Adrianna cheered, and we started freaking out, asking how. "Her power just developed! She can teleport!"

"What...?" Jennifer spoke up, looking at us with very confused eyes. I already couldn't believe it, and Jennifer obviously didn't, either. Teleportation? Out of all things? There's no way.

"No, really, try it out. Try to teleport to the tree that we show up by. Lauren, run over to the tree so you can confirm it," Adrianna ordered around, then turned to Jennifer. Lauren took off, and I made worried eye contact with Emma. This isn't good, something feels wrong about this.

Adrianna talked to Jennifer, telling her how to summon the power. I watched as Jennifer slowly evaporated, literally, it looking like pieces of her disintegrating into thin air. It was probably the weirdest thing I've ever witnessed. But she was gone, truly, it wasn't just an illusion.

It wasn't long before both Lauren and Jennifer ran back, confirming that it worked.

"You're our ticket out," Adrianna stated simply, pointing at Jennifer with a sly grin.

And Jennifer looked absolutely terrified.

-

Sorry guys, this isn't good and it's late. I like Will's POV cuz sassy Lucas is life. And FINALLY SOMEONE YELLED AT WILL. He deserved it.