Forty Two

edit, 11-24-23:  Hi, this chapter is especially heavy on the topic of self-harm and has a particularly dark version of it. I apologize once again for putting this plot in at all, as I of course didn't know anything detailed about it and was just writing it without knowledge on the subject. Please remember that I was a child when I wrote this.
Ok, I just wanted to give a warning, because this is especially dark and could be quite triggering. Much love ♥
-Apple

ps. the self-harm is not described or shown in the scene, it is just Will finding the aftermath, but it's still very, very disturbing

-

I'm sorry. That's really all I can say.

Will.

I walked up Mike's driveway quickly, my heart beating like crazy. I tried the door, and it was obviously locked, so I walked around the back of the house. If the back door is locked, I don't know what I'll do.

Luckily, it wasn't, and I pushed it open easily. I immediately smelled something quite foul, making my face scrunch up in disgust. I looked around the room, and nothing seemed out of sorts. I walked in more, and closed the door behind me. I started to turn around, but the smell hit me harder. I looked forward wearily towards the bathroom, and started walking towards it, but the smell got weaker. My eyebrows furrowed. This doesn't make sense.

I turned towards the middle of the room, my eyes dancing around to try and find some sort of source of the smell. Or even a possible source, but I saw nothing. Although, I walked towards the stairs, thinking I saw something on the ground. I got closer and realized it was a stain, it looked brownish red. I then noticed more, kind of spread out. I followed the small trail, and ended up back next to the door. In front of El's fort. Why didn't I check here? The smell is definitely coming from here.

I bent down slowly, then hesitantly moved the sheet out of the way. My mouth literally dropped open.

Dried blood. Lots of it. All over her fort, all over everything. The stench was starting to make me feel sick, it smelled strongly of mostly metal. Blood is something I don't handle well.

I then spotted the corner of something brown, and reached forward to pick it up. I moved the blanket off of it, slowly grabbing it and bringing it closer. I can barely see what the picture is, it's covered in dried blood. But I focused more and felt my heart physically drop into my stomach.

It's the picture of Mike and El at the Snowball. Covered in blood, mostly on El.

-

edit, 6-21-19: Y'all this is one of my most fucked up details but also my most favorite. Idk why but I can just imagine Mike kinda losing his mind a bit in these moments and purposefully bleeding onto a picture of El. Like fuuuuck that's messed up I—