Thirty Two

Hopper.

I tried to muster all the hope and luck I could, but it wasn't working very well. We need to get proof that these girls are in the Upside Down, and I think this is our proof. If this blood matches the DNA of one of the missing girls, we're in luck. If not, I'm not sure what we'll do.

I'm in the car right now, on my way to every girl's house. I have to get some kind of DNA from each, compare it to the results of the blood. This is a long process, but I think it's worth it. Our best bet is the Upside Down, but they could be somewhere else, for all we know. Maybe whoever took Eleven is taking the girls, too, we just don't know. This is the only way to find out.

I arrived at Erin's house first, knocking heavily. The woman answered with big, hopeful eyes, and I asked to come in. I entered slowly, then started talking.

"We found blood in the woods, and we're trying to see if it tracks to any of the girls that went missing. Do you have a hairbrush of hers? Hair is our best bet," I cut to the chase, and she nodded quickly, showing me the way to Erin's room. She pointed to her hairbrush, so I walked forward and picked it up by the handle. I put it in a plastic bag, then turned back to leave the room again. I truly didn't have anything else to say, which I know is horrible, but I can't help it. There's nothing to say, nothing that can possibly make her feel any better.

I talked to her and her husband briefly, then headed to the next house. The sooner I get the samples, the sooner we find out if it's one of the girls. I need it to be one of the girls, it has to be.

Most of the parents took it well, but there was a problem at Lucy's house. Her mom wasn't wanting to give me her brush, she was freaking out.

"Why would I want to know if it's my daughter's blood? If it's hers, that means she's hurt o-or dead! That's not something I want to know!" she was screaming, she was a mess. Her house was also a mess, and I sighed deeply.

"Listen, I know this is a hard time for you. And I know she's only seven, which is all the more reason to test if it's her blood. If it's hers, we'll know she's been there. We would have a reason to keep searching that area. We need to be thorough," I spoke softly, trying not to upset her even more. She said nothing at first, just calmed down. She eventually nodded.

"Yeah, you're right. I'll show you her brush," she replied quietly, leading me deeper into her house. We walked into a small, cute room. Obviously the room of a little girl, and it reminded me of Sarah. She had a similar room, before everything went downhill.

I picked up the brush carefully, placing it in a sixth separate bag. I don't think this lady can take much more, so I kept the goodbye short. I left quickly, racing to the station. I walked inside, and immediately saw our DNA tester sitting inside. He stood up to greet me.

"Are you set?" he asked, and I held up the six bags.

"Let's get this done."

-

This chapter was short and kind of boring, but kinda had to be. Exciting chapter up tomorrow, in honor of Finn's birthday!