Thirteen

Triple update cuz why tf not
Same @ their posture lol

You guys should go comment on my most recent chapter of Wake Up, Mike(:

edit, 6-15-19: ^^ignore that man idk what I was talking about

Will.

I can't process anything right now. Mike cuts his thighs, and I could've sworn I saw his jeans getting darker by the thighs. They were probably bleeding, he probably didn't cover them up. They opened.

I didn't know what to do. I know Mike won't let me into his house, and he won't listen to me. I don't want to tell anyone, but I think it's time. It can't go on any longer.

I got on my bike and started pedaling away, but Lucas stopped me. "Will, he won't let you in."

"I know, I'm not going there. See you guys later," I rushed out, riding as fast as I can in the direction of the high school. They'll let me talk to Jonathan, right? They can't deny me if I say it's urgent, can they?

By the time I got to the school, I was starting to scare myself with thoughts. What if he's worse than I thought? What if I'm not quick enough and he does something bad? It would be my fault, I should've been quicker.

I ran through the front doors and into the office, where the receptionist gave me a bewildered expression.

"Can I help you?" I barely let her finish before I rushed out my words.

"I need to speak to Jonathan Byers immediately, it's urgent. Please, he's my brother," I begged, my voice a bit rough. She hesitated but eventually nodded, standing up so she could walk me to his classroom.

The walk took literally forever, and by the time we got there, I was ready to scream. Or cry. Maybe both.

"Jonathan Byers, someone is here to see you," she spoke after knocking and opening the door. I peaked inside and made eye contact with many people. But I found Jonathan as he stood up and rushed to us. He pushed past her a bit, making her eyes widen. But she just shook it off and closed the door again.

"Will, what's wrong?" he asked immediately, and I glanced wearily at the lady. She sighed, giving us a sympathetic smile as she walked away, probably just standing around the corner. But she wasn't in hearing distance, so it's ok. "Tell me what's wrong."

"I should've told you sooner, Jonathan, none of this would be a problem. Mike, he...he hurts himself, like how-"

"Yes, I know what you mean. Go on," he cut me off, his jaw clenching a bit. I shouldn't have mentioned that.

"He does it on his thighs and I didn't know. I tried to make him feel better, I called him every day and he promised he stopped. I thought he was getting better, I thought I was helping him but I wasn't." I started tearing up, my voice scratchy. "And Max is the one who told us, and Mike started crying really hard and rode away. But I saw his pants all dark and bloody, and he went home so I know things aren't ok. We have to help him, Jonathan, please."

He stared at me with troubled eyes as I babbled on. My tears were a bit heavier now, they were rolling down my face and dripping onto my coat, but I didn't care. I barely even noticed.

"Ok, let's go," he spoke quietly, walking in the opposite direction of the front doors. I furrowed my eyebrows, jogging silently to catch up.

"What are we doing?" I whispered with a panicked tone, and he had an unsure face.

"They'd never let me leave without a good excuse, so we'll leave without them knowing."

I had a bad feeling, but I pushed it aside. If Mike is seriously hurt, I've already taken long enough. I need to get there and make sure he's ok, he needs to be ok.

I'd never forgive myself if he wasn't.

-

C'mon, this is obvious. Please tell me someone knows why Will is acting so panicked and why he cares more than the others. It's. So. Obvious.

edit, 6-15-19: ^^ew I'm making myself cringe. Ofc it's obvious stOp mentioning it.
Also highkey I love how after all these years literally no one has commented on a specific part of this chapter that's super shady. Like ?¿