Seventeen

Eleven.

It's probably been a few days since I ate, and I haven't heard a noise again. I miss noise, it's silent wherever I am. Silent and dark. I miss Mike's laugh most.

I was thinking about Mike when I heard what seemed to be metal scraping against the floor. It's the same sound my cell door made when I was with Papa. I'd recognize the sound anywhere.

"Ever gotten a shot before, kid?" a deep male voice asked me, and it was loud. I don't know what a shot is, no, but I have a feeling I'll find out. "I assume that's a no. Well, you must know what a needle is. I'm gonna use one, I need to take some of your blood."

I freaked out when I heard that, and I started scooting further back on my bed. I couldn't see him, but his footsteps were so loud as they neared me. I started crying heavily as he grabbed me, dragging me around. I've tried so many times, my powers just don't work here. I don't know where I am, but it just doesn't let me use my powers.

I was picked up and placed on something cold, and it was far off the ground. I sat there for what felt like forever, just crying quietly. Soon, a small light flicked on to the side of me. It burned so much, I immediately closed my eyes tight. I opened them slowly, though, and it still hurt.

My eyes worked again soon enough, and I made eye contact with icy blue eyes. The man in front of me looked so kind, but not right. His eyes had a crazy look to them, making me feel worse.

"It won't hurt much," he hushed me, and I shook my head quickly as he grabbed my arm tightly. I didn't try to pull away, I'm smart enough to know that would only make it hurt more. He tapped again and again on the inside of my arm, and I couldn't even look. I just clenched my teeth as I felt a sharp pain. I never stopped crying, either.

It wasn't too long before I felt the pain again, but worse. I looked over, and it was out of my arm. The man put a small bandage on the hole, it was bleeding. I looked at the bottles he had, he had three full ones of my blood. Is that ok? Will I be ok?

He moved the tubes of blood over to a container, where there were others. So many bottles of blood, more than I could count.

"All done. Go eat that food over there." He nodded in the direction to my right, so I messily climbed off the table and ran towards the plate without thought. I don't know what this food was, but I ate it quickly. It felt amazing to have food again. "Now back in the cell." I looked towards the door we came out of, and I was right. It's just a cell, I was in a room. No wonder it was so dark.

I hurried in, some part of me knowing not to cross this man. I don't have powers, I can't fight.

He closed the door, and I already had that sinking feeling back.