24: I Came To Explain

I woke up in Shane's arms and he was gazing down on me. I small smile lifted on my face, as he caressed my check.

"Good morning little one" Shane whispered.

"Good morning big one" I said.

"Damn right I'm bi-" he started but I cut him off.

"Shhh, so what do we have to do today?" I asked.

He face instantly went bleak, he looked away from me "I have to go out" he said abruptly.

"Well can I come" I asked smiling up at him.

"Angel, I am sor-" he started saying the 's' word, but I stopped him.

"Shane I do not want that 's' word ever being uttered to me again. Okay, I get it. I can't come. I will be fine! I am not a child!" I sort of felt as if I was talking to Chase again.

His grip tightened on me "don't think about him" he said, looking back at me.

"Shane, I am going to think of him every once in while. You are going to have to deal with it. But if you would just stay out of my head, you wouldn't ever have to think of him" I said.

"Angel...." he said as a sigh.

"I am not a child" I said instantly.

"I know that" he said.

"I am strong" I said.

"I know that"

"I can be by myself"

"I know that"

"I am just, just so tired of people thinking of me as a child" I said.

"I know that, but I don't think of you that way" he said and leaned down and kissed me, ever so softly and sweet.

"Shane, can I at least ask where you are going?" I whispered.

"No, don't worry I will be home in a few hours" he said lightly trying not to upset me.

"Shane, you can talk to me. Stop trying not to hurt my feelings!" I said.

"Okay, well I am leaving you alone in the castle by yourself. Jake will not be here either he has to attend business. There are you happy?" he said.

"Yes" I smiled.

He leaned down and kissed me. They started sweet and caring but almost instantly became hungrier. He disconnected his lips from mine and trailed down my neck.

"Shane, the sooner you go, the sooner you get back" I said.

He groaned and lifted him self from the bed. He walked over to the drawer and dug out a pair of jeans and a black T-shirt. He started throwing them on.

"So what are going to do all day, with out me here?" Shane asked zipping up his jeans.

"I don't know. Maybe just stay in bed and rest all day" I said and stretched out on the bed.

He finished pulling his shirt "yeah well as long as when I get home your in that bed" he said smiling to himself as if imagining it.

"You know Shane" I said.

He was grabbing little things he needed like car keys, money and other things "Yes?"

"I would never want to have the power to read minds" I said simply.

He turned back to look at me "oh yeah, and why is that?" he asked.

"Well I would never want to read whats  on your mind" I said.

He strolled over to me and leaned over the bed on top of me "No, no you wouldn't" he said and leaned down and left my lips all tingly as he walked out, shutting the bedroom door behind him.

I sighed and rolled over. May as well take alittle nap. I slowly shut my eyes and drifted in to the dark.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I felt a strong arm around me. A body was curled up behind me. I could feel their breath on my neck.

"Back so soon, Shane?" I asked.

He leaned in and started kissing down my neck. They felt different, but he was probably just tired.

"So Shane how was where ever you went?" I asked.

He didn't answer but his grip got tightend and he still kissed all around my neck.

"Shane, answer me" I said.

Silence.

"Shane?" I turned around and almost screamed. Shane wasn't in the bed, but Chase was.

"Chase what the hell are you doing here!?!" I said moving away from him on the bed.

"I came to explain" he said.

"Chase there is nothing you can exp-" I started but he cut me off.

"You loved me once, you can again" he said.

"No, I can't" I said simply.

"Look Angel-" he started but I interrupted him.

"Chase, you always thought of me as a child! You made it VERY clear you didn't want a relationship with me! What do you want now?" I said.

"Look Angel, I made myself think of you as a child" he said looking away from me.

"Why, why would you do that?" I said.

He looked back at me "Because I wanted you to enjoy being a kid, being a teen. I didn't want you to rush to grow up" he said.

"Yeah well, that's not what I wanted" I said simply.

"Yeah well you really didn't know what you wanted back then" he said.

"I wanted you" I whispered. I could feel my heart tugging. I still wanted him.

He scooted closer to me "I still want you" he said.

I bit my lip. What am I supposed to do? I want him. I really, really want him. But he, did alot before. I wanted Shane. He was sweet, nice and exactly what I wanted in a man.

While I was in deep thought about what I wanted to do, he scooted over to me, and planted his lips on mine.

I felt the prickles go up my spin. My hands went around his neck and pulled him closer. He wrapped my hands around my waist and pulled me even closer. He lightly nipped my tongue and I opened my mouth. Our tongues collided and dance together.

I pushed him back. No I can't do this. I can't do this to Shane. I can't set my self up for hurt again.

"Chase, no I can't do this" I said although his hands were still wrapped around me and my hands were on his chest.

He sighed and looked away.

"Oh Angel I'm hom-" Shane sauntered into the room but his sentence came to a halt as soon as he saw me in Chase's arms.