18: How could you?

I ran back into the hall. The boys were still there but Sheila and Chrystal have now joined them. When I walked in all the boys looked at me with hope while the woman glared. I looked over at Chase who had Crystal hanging off him. Shane was standing on the other side of the wall with his hands in his pockets. I walked up to Chase and took his hand, while Chrystal was hugging his chest but he wasn't holding her back. She looked over at me with disgust.

"What do you want?" Chrystal said with so much disgust, she must hate me.

"Did you pick?" Chase said ignoring Chrystal.

I squeezed his hand and then I saw a shy smile come on his face. He detached himself from Chrystal and hugged me.

He started whispering in my ear "Oh Angel, I'm glad you picked me. But you know we can't be together. Your still to young" oh yeah, I never told him it's my birthday today! I'll save it for later. When were alone. Wink, wink.

He pulled away from me and all I did was nod. "Okay everyone lets get back to the wedding" I said and we all walked back into the big room.

                                                     <-------------------------------------->

"Okay Angel are you ready to go?" Chase asked me. The wedding is over. Everyone was clearing out. I had fun I danced alot with chase and Shane and alittle with people I didn't know but Chase told me that they were nice so I took his word.

"Yeah sure" I said and he took my hand and we started walking to the door.

We had just gotten out of the hall when we heard a loud THUNK behind us. We both turned and saw Chrystal on the ground. She looked alittle tipsy. Chase rushed over and picked her off the ground like a gentleman. She rapped an arm around his neck and he had one under her arm.

"Um Angel, I think I'm going to take Chrystal home, are you okay with her tagging along?" he asked with a hopeful smile although Chrystal was still glaring at me.

"Um-" I was about to say but got cut off by Shane coming up behind me.

"I can take her back to your place" he offered. He was a really nice guy and I'm happy that I don't have to be in the same car as her. And I trust Chase enough to be alone with her.

"If it's okay with angel, I guess so" he said then he turned his gaze back to mine.

"Sure, I geuss. Just don't kidnap me" I said with a smile. He laughed.

"Okay well I'll see you later brother" Shane said and then he put his arm around my shoulder and lead me to his car. It was nice and sleek black. I jumped into the passenger's seat and he jumped into the drivers seat.

He started the car "so did you have fun at the wedding?" he asked and pulled away after Chase.

"Yeah except for the whole everyone lying to me thing" I said.

He reached over and squeezed my hand "I'm sorry".

"Thats okay"

"So your sure you want to be going home to him?"

"Yes. Look Shane I'm sorry that I'm going with him" I said because I really did feel sorry.

"It's okay Angel, just remember you ever need anything call me" he said.

"I will but I don't have a phone but I will figure something out" I said with a smile. He would be there for me.

"Good" he said and I saw a hint of a smile.

"So hows Jake?" I asked. I remember I had alittle crush on him before, but I don't know anymore.

"He was pretty torn up after you left" he said "hey, you said you didn't leave. What actually happened?"