17: The Wedding Of Secrets

"Are you ready to go in?" Chase asked when he turned and looked at me. We were parked out side of the hall. It wasn't in a church which I thought I was weird but what ever. There were a bunch of people walking in.

I took a big breath. "I guess" I said and reached over to the door handle.

Chase put his hand on my hand "it'll be alright, just don't go into any bars!" he said and then he got out and opened my door. I got out and took his elbow, then we walked in.

The hall was beautiful. It was white with elegant carvings on the walls. There was people walking into the doors at the end of the long hall. The doors were plain white, with no windows. We walked forward and into the room. The walls were pain white with tables placed on either side of the room, with red table coverings. In the middle there were people talking and laughing. Everyone looks beautiful in there dresses or their sharp suits.

I started to worry. What if I don't look nice enough? What if no one likes me? What if I fall and embarrass myself? What if I spill something on myself? And worst of all how would Chase introduce us? I felt my stomach start to turn with all the worries crashing down around me. I looked back at the door. If I ran, I could make it out of here. I'm sure Chase could find anyone to be his date!

I took a step back towards the door and slipped my arm out of Chase's hold. Chase turned around and looked at me with a questioning look. I shook my head and went to turn out the door but he caught my hand. I walked me over to the corner of the room. It was private and my back was against the wall.

"What's going on Angel?" he asked watching me with curious eyes.

"I um, I umm. Well" think Angel! Think Angel! "this seems like a family thing and I wouldn't want to disturb that so I'll just go" I said.

He smirked "Angel whats really going on?" he asked and squeezed my hand.

"Well" then I broke and let it all out "look at these people there beautiful. Am I pretty enough? Are they going to like me? Am I going to embarrassed myself? Am I going to embarrass you? What will people think of me being here with you?" I said as fast as I could, I took in a big breath.

He smiled "Angel don't worry. Just stay close to me and if anything happens I will be there to help you" he said and lead me back to the middle of the room. I took a big breath and Chase lead me to the first couple. We said a couple of hi's and them and Chase caught up. This happened with a couple of couples until they finally asked us all to take a seat.

Chase lead me over to the table closest to the door on the left. We sat in the back two chairs followed by another couple. She had nice long brown hair and a red dress on. The man was tall and shavan, wearing a black suit with a bow-tie.

Then the door opened and a woman walked in. She had long brown hair that was straightened and went around her shoulders. She was wearing a long white dress. it was sparkle and tight at the top and flowed out passed the waist. She must be Chase's aunt, the bride. That means..

I turned my head and looked at the front of the room. There was a man standing in a black suit with a tie. He had his hair gelled back and some stubble on his chin. He was pretty cute, I guess. He looked like he was in his early thirty's, late twenty's. He took his eyes off the bride for the first time and looked over at me. He made eye contact and smile and evil smiled. Then I saw his eyes start to move down.

I turned away and closer Chase who was sitting closet to the middle of the room. He felt me move and put an arm around me, then he scanned the room alittle. He turned back to me and smiled and then we both turned our attention back to the bride. She was now where the groom as standing and there was a man in a simple black suit. He was doing the whole "Sheila will take Mark to love and hold..." I kind of zoned out during that part. I couldn't get the grooms eyes out of my head.