"You really don't have to come over. I can't really talk to you. My parents probably won't let me." I say.

"Then don't let them know... I'll apologize to them, and then maybe they'll let me come up and talk to you. If not, then we can figure something out." Max says.

"Umm okay. Feel free to come now, I guess. I think you were already getting ready, though." I say.

"Yeah, I'll be right over. Give me about ten minutes." Max says, then hangs up before I could say more.

I sit on the roof, still, and think about what I'll do if my parents won't let me downstairs to talk to him or if my parents won't let me even see him. He had kind of gotten me into more trouble, but he stuck up for me and that's all I need.

Then I realize that I can just climb down the side of the garage.

Or just fall and hope I'm caught by something. Or someone.

Frankly, I don't want to even leave my spot on the roof. I'm pretty comfy, considering. And I don't want to go inside because I'm sure my parents will be waiting for me to go downstairs to find out my consequences.

About ten minutes later, I see a nice red Cadillac pull into our driveway. Holy crap. Max's family is rich. A lot more rich than I had originally thought.

I walk to the edge of the roof where I wouldn't fall off and tell down at Max. "Nice car!"

Max looks around for where my voice was coming from, once he finds me his face lights up and he smiles. But then his expression changes to a quizzical look. "How the hell did you get up there?"

"Well, if I can talk to you later, maybe you can find out. Talk to my parents or else you won't know!" I yell down, then leave the little area where he could see me and then stand in one spot for a second. This all better work out.

I head into my bedroom, through my window and see that my room is different in any way. I check my bed to see if the sheets were moved from people sitting on it, but there's nothing. No one has come into my room.

I take a seat on my bed, then hear the doorbell ring. Of course I can't answer it, so I wait for my parents to get it.

I hear the door open and my dad say something to Max.

It didn't seem very nice, I can say that.

"Sir, can I come in for a minute. I need to talk to you and Mrs. Ables about what happened today." I hear Max say.

"Let him in, Honey." My mom sighs.

"You don't get much time to explain yourself." My dad says.

"Well, I came over to say that it was all my fault for what happened, not Marney's. I don't mind it if you don't like me anymore for what happened. I don't blame you. But please don't take it out on her. She didn't do anything. She was stuck in the middle of it all, and so she was blamed. I can say that I was not the one who threw the first punch, but I did hit the guy back, so I'm no better." I shiver as Max says this. I feel like what he said was perfect. He couldn't have said anything better.

"Did Marney call you?" My dad asks.

"N-no sir. I came because I figured she'd get into trouble, and I didn't want her to be mad at me. She shouldn't be punished at all." Max says sweetly.

"I don't care that you showed up here to apologize for your stupid actions." My dad says. What the hell is up with him today? I'm getting scared! "You're not allowed to hang out with Marney after school anymore. If I catch you on this property again, then I will call the police." My dad is taking this way too far. This isn't right. I want to run down the steps and yell and scream, but I can't. I have to stay exactly where I am.

"Yes, sir." I hear Max say. "Sorry, sir. I believe I should go now. I'm sorry for being such a waste of your time. I promise I will not even talk to Marney." Max says and then I hear the door to the front door click open.

He leaves letting the door slam behind him. That's my signal to climb back out onto the roof.

Once I'm on the roof, I walk to a spot where I'm safe on the roof and look down, seeing Max getting into his car.

"Max! Wait!" I yell. He stops from slamming his door and looks at me. I look around and try to figure out a way to get down from the roof. I find a part of a gutter and test it. No such luck. Before I can figure out another way, my phone buzzes and I read the text.

It's from Max:

I'll be back later tonight. I'll park my car farther down the street and then I'll help you down from your roof, somehow. See you around one.

One am. He's crazy.

But if I care enough to talk to him, I'll definitely do it. There's no doubt I'll risk more of my punishment to talk to one of my best friends.

Not a doubt in the world.

~Author's Note~

Yes, yes, I realize it's pretty short of a chapter. Sorry!

When I wrote this I wrote half of it on my iPad mini and realized that what I may think is like 5 pages is really like 2 1/2 pages... So sorry if you have an iPad and you have the shortest chapters in the world! The other half I wrote from my phone.

THIS WAS GOING TO BE A GREAT CHAPTER BUT IT DIDNT SAVE THE FIRST TIME AND IT GOT ME SO MAD!!

Had to get that out, sorry!

Anyway, thanks for reading! Don't forget to comment, vote, follow, and/or share this story!!

Everything counts!

-Izzy :)