Chapter 24: A Team of Fantastic Warriors

"So you telling me after you go missing for a good 8 hours, you come back with another team saying we'll team up with them." Rick yelled at me officially pissed off with me.

"Yup I did." I spoke back and Rick face palmed and sighed.

"Fine Mark. We'll team up with Macy's time but only because Macy is your best friend." Rick said finally giving up trying to agrue with me. "If everything goes will well we'll be at the center by tommorrow." I went to go check up on Leo and Hype. They was eating some fish Hawkeye brung along with him. I sat down on the same log as Macy in front of the fire. That's when Saber came by and started rubbing against my leg like cats do. I gave him alittle head rub and he started purring up a storm. I looked to where Leo was at and from he ran up a tree as soon as Saber came walking by. "I still can't believe you managed to turn that monster in a regular pet." He yelled from atop the tree.

"Well Mark has always been good at dealing with wild animals." Macy said and began to tell a story about how me, her, Maya, and my dad went campin and a wild bear tried to attack us. Apparently I saw the bear just had a hurt paw and calmed it down so that my dad can help it. After the story I said "Yea I know I am awesome."

After that we all start to tell stories by the fire. I figured out Hawkeye was a sniper protecting the lab my dad and Rick was working at before the lab explosion. Macy was just coming from France and wanted to see Maya when the lab exploxed. What really suprized was Hype telling us how Rick beat Hunter. No one expect Rick to be such a savage.

After awhile John and Shadow came by. There looked cleaned but I could still smell the blood on John. When the lab explosion happened John was with his family when the lab exploxed (don't know what happened to them and when I asked he didn't answer). And Shadow was with his master training in his dojo........ok I'm just going to act that isn't weird.

Later that night everyone was asleep but I couldn't get myself to sleep. I was to busy thinking about what happened so far. Meet a lot of amazing, evil, scary, and misunderstood people. I still can't get over that flash back I had. Maya......I hope she's ok I don't know what I'll do if she's hurt in anyway. Then when I got mad at Saber I kinda lost it for a second......something about that puts a real bad feeling in my chest. "Hey Mark you can't sleep too." Rick asked me.

"I'm just thinking.........Rick do you ever worry you may just give your on all this?"

"Not really....I almost did in that prison, wanted to just give up but seeing you and your spirit made me not give up. It's weird but Mark you're super power isn't super strenght or super healing. You move people with your words and make people want to keep going. Now if you're thinking about give up I won't st-"

"Nah. I just asked that question because I .....I don't know. I was thinking about my flash back and when I got angry at Saber."

"Well you shouldn't worry too much about it. You're a teenager it's just a phase."

I wanted to tell Rick off for saying that but I stopped caring. I got up and went to sleep before Rick can give me a talk about hormones and the birds and the bees. Tommorrow we reach the center.