Chapter 23: The Traveler

"Where did Digger go?" I asked Macy.

       "I saw him then forgot where he went."

       "What the hell Macy, how you forget about the guy trying to kill you!"

       "I'm very forgetful ok that's one reason I am awesome!"

    I was about to yell at her but then I saw Digger jumping out of a hole at us with a knife in hand.
I was prepare dive into Macy to get her out of the way but she dodge Digger like it was nothing and went for the freeze grab. But then I noticed Digger taking out something out of his pocket. A SMOKE BOMB!? The area filled it smoke but that didn't stop me from grabbing Digger and slaming him into the ground. Good thing I have enhanced senses or he would had gotten away. I looked down to find Digger knocked out...........did I slam him into the ground that hard? "Well that was disappointing. I expected more of a fight." I said coming to give Macy a high five.

       But I missed the high five and fell to knees, my whole body feeling heavy. "Crap that blow dart must had poison on it." I told Macy. Macy pulled the blow dart out and examined it. "This blow dart was made in Africa and also made with a special kind of poison that weakens the body intil the person dies." Macy explained.

       "How do you know about that?" I asked (at like the worst possible time...I'm kind of dying here).

       "When you became a soldier, I went traveling around the world. You learn things when you travel around." She answered grabbing a rock and a spiky looking leaf. She then use the rock to turn the leaf into a fine powder. "Why are you doing that?" I asked her half awake half about to pass out.

      "These spiky leafs are use to make antidotes for that type of posion." She said using another leaf to put the powder on and then handed it to me. "Eat that and you're be fine."

       "You want.......to eat a leaf?" I asked her confusingly.

       "Well you don't have to and meet death in a few minutes."

       "Fine." I said and then took to leaf and quickly swallowed it. After a good minute or 2 I felt back to normal. After that we decide we should get moving. We reached Macy's base because it was close by and saw Hawkeye the hawk-man eating some fish. "Hey Hawkeye I'm back!" Macy shouted to get Hawkeye's attention.

        "Hey Macy.......why is Mark with you?" Hawkeye asked Macy in a calm manner.

       "We're teaming up with his team to have an easier time reaching the center.... deal with it." Macy told Hawkeye and I burst out laughing. I could tell Macy was alittle embarrass when I started laughing and when she stepped on my toe to make me stop. "Soooo Hawkeye," Macy continued. "Where John and Shadow?"

     "John went on one of his killing sprees and Shadow went to make sure John doesn't end up dead. They'll find us where ever we are." Hawkeye answered. We left the base with Hawkeye and went to find my camp so we all can regroup.