Chapter 17: Blaze of Glory

No one moved a muscle in fear that Hunter would kill Hype. "You still mad about me beating you up? Get the over it you deranged stalker!" I yelled and maybe shouldn't had because he has Hype but this guy pisses me off.

"Wolfbane, I don't let my prey go and you and your friends are my prey." Hunter said putting his foot onto Hype's back.

"Ok we are done here." Leo said stepping up and puffing up his chest. Then he releashed his mighty roar blowing away Hunter and a good chunk of the forest almost half a mile away! We just looked at Leo in shock, suprized his roar was that powerful. Then Leo drop to his knees barely able to breath. "*Choke* that one took a lot *choke* out of me." I went and picked up Hype,who weighted about 600 pounds, from off the ground and put him on my back. "Sorry I got caught." Hype apologized to me.

"It's fine but we need to go before another team comes and get us." I said.

"I still need *choke* time to caught my breath." Leo said chokingly.

"Ok fine just-" I started say when the forest behind us busted into flames. "-COME ON!" I yelled in anger. From the flames a medi-human from team 3, Jerry Blazer, appeared. He pointed his finger at us and they begun to spark. Next thing we knew a huge fireball was coming our way! Leo quickly tried to roar it aways but could only let out a small choke. Shoot! We don't have time to move out of the way! I dropped Hype on the ground and blocked the fireball with my back to protect the others.

Ow! I can smell my fur and flesh buring from the attack but I'm still alive so that's a good thing. "Mark are you ok?" Rick asked me and I gave him a are you stupid look ever.

"Yeah I'm just fine! Buring flesh doesn't hurt as bad as you think!" I said with a ton of sarcasm. I looked behind to find that Jerry was preparing another fireball for us! Crap what to do! My wounds haven't healed so this will be really bad if it's hits me. My instincts kicked in and I quickly digged my hands into the ground and lifted a huge chunk of the ground as a shield to block the fireball. God thank you reflexes! "Rick what's the plan?!" I asked Rick only to realize he was gone!

"That dirt won't protect you for long!" Jerry yelled. Then Rick reappeared behind Jerry, putting his dagger at Jerry's throat. "Mark use your nose to smell if any of this his teammates are here." Rick commanded me. You can always tell when Rick is dead serious by his eyes, he's super focused on the mission ahead.