S1-35 | A Bond that Lasts Forever

Start from the beginning

"Oh, you're still bleeding. You better clean up before the dance" Ella worriedly eyed my neck. Chris snickered. "You look like you've been ravaged." Roarke snorted beside me and I tried my best not to glare at him. It was his mess after all

I felt my neck and sure enough, my fingers were coated with blood. "What dance?" I started to ask but Roarke was already pulling me away with him back to the hotel. Ella winked at me before she disappeared in sight. I have a bad feeling about it but didn't ask more as he led me to the bathroom.

I quickly wiped away the blood, rinsing it with water. I looked at my reflection, noting my still pink cheeks. The skin around the bite mark was once again sore and touching it brought tingles to my body. I splashed cold water in my face.

When I opened my eyes, I stilled. Behind me was the old woman. Her back was turned to me, her shoulders were shaking and I could hear her soft chuckling. Goosebumps started at my arms. I couldn't move, couldn't even blink.

'Give them to me. Let me in' she whispered the words softly and repeated it again, voice gradually changing to a harsher pitch.

'Let me in!' She shrieked and turned around. I wanted to scream as I saw her hollow eyes, blood dripping to her cheeks. Her lips pulled up in an insidious grin, showing black teeth.

'Let me in!' She said, her bony hands reached for me.

A knock resounded followed by Roarke's gruff voice to hurry. I blink, the woman vanished.

I tried my best to compose myself and went out. Roarke was leaning by the wall nonchalantly. His eyes were sharp as he came to stand in front of me, quick to notice the change.

"Is something wrong?" he asked, lifting my chin up when I avoided his stare.

"How lovely! I never thought she is a lovely little thing." A woman's voice stopped him from demanding an answer. I looked at the side. A woman who looked like she is in her thirties stepped closer. Her hair was all white, her eyes a light blue it almost look so clear. She was wearing casual clothes and for a moment I thought she was a human.

"Elijah, you came?" Roarke asked conversationally.

"Of course I did. Wouldn't miss something I foresee." Elijah smirked, her eyes rested back on me.

"You must be Honey LeChat. Finally, this boy turned someone."

"He turned one more." I found myself saying.

Elijah laughed. "Oh yes, once the seal is broken I imagined it will be hard to resist the pull of wanting a connection. But I won't worry about it. You are after all the first, after so long."

She then turned to walk away but suddenly stop. She glanced back at me.

"The woman you saw dear, you mustn't' let her in, no matter what." She advised in a low almost threatening voice that I felt Roarke stiffened beside me.

"Can you see her too?"

Elijah shook her head. "No, I'm sorry but I could feel her."

I was deeply confused. Elijah seemed different, how did she know about the woman? What is the woman? I wanted to ask more but she was already gone.

"Elijah is a gifted with the eye. She could see things that are not visible to everyone. What woman is she talking about?" Roarke demanded.

I shook my head. I didn't know what was happening to me but if Elijah knows it, it meant I am not yet losing my head. I started to walk away. I thought he was going after me but he didn't. The sound of his retreating footsteps made me feel at ease. He didn't believe me when I told him I saw the woman then and something tells me he wouldn't believe me now. I found the pantry and was glad to snatch a bottle of red wine. I needed something stronger but it will do.