•47•

Kevin

"Why are you walking around with your hair like this?" She pulled it.

"You better leave my curls alone." I slapped away her hand. "You wasn't saying shit when your nigga was walking round with his hair like this, talking bout some 'Augusto' shit."

"First of all that's my man and he looked good. Secondly, you looking like Lloyd's dirty little cousin, Floyd. Like no."

I fell out laughing when she said that honestly.

"Well my wife love it so what you say don't matter."

"I need to talk to my sis because this shit ain't right." She shook her head as we ate.

"So you all set for his birthday tomorrow?"

"Yea I am." Keira nodded with this huge smile.

"He still don't know you planned this trip huh?"

"Nope." She laughed.

"Well good luck with that." I shook my head.

"How you been managing though. I'm surprised you went back to working."

"You know I can't stay down for too long sis."

"True but at least her aunt is there to help."

"Yea and now that momma is here and Aug's mom, I can get back into the groove if things."

"True."

Even though Bash is just two weeks old, he was alert and active. Things been easy with the extra help we been getting from Nita's aunt so now I can get back to working.

"Let me ask you something?"

"Anything sis." I took a bite in my sandwich.

"You think it would be strange if I selected the Caribbean for our honeymoon."

Slowly chewing, I looked at her. Giving my full attention, I swallowed before answering.

"It depends on where."

"Not Jamaica, if thats what you are thinking."

"Ok well nah, it shouldn't be weird, but where you had in mind?"

"I came across this amazing resort in the mountains of St. Lucia called Ladera Resort. Oh my God, Kevin." She placed her hand on her chest. "This place is breath taking."

"Well damn. Let me see."

Laughing, she came around by me with her Macbook and pulled up the site.

From the moment she went to the photo gallery, I was in awe.

"The suites are opened so you have the bed and like when you wake up, you see the sun rise and all that stuff."