•41•

Kevin

"Where too next?"

Waiting on Keira to respond, I got into her car.

"Ummm." She paused as she scrolled through her iPad. "The W, downtown."

"I'm still doing that gig? I thought you got me out of it?"

"Nope, was too last minute. Its only for an hour anyway."

"Man, their hour always end up into three."

"How much they paid for?" She asked as I drove.

"An hour."

"Who is your partner in this?"

"My sister." I laughed.

"Therefore?"

"If they want more, they gotta pay for more."

"Thank you. And they have to pay it on the spot."

"Yes sis." I laughed lightly.

"I'm serious. You are to go on at half three, when half past four rolls around you are done. I will help you pack your shit up whether they have their next DJ or not."

"I hear you." I nodded.

Things been calm in both our lives for the past couple days. Aug and my niece were back and Nita was due in a week. The excitement was on high at this point as we waited.

"What you doing for Yung for his birthday?"

"I don't know. I want to go somewhere but knowing his lame ass, he would rather stay home and be with his precious YaYa." She said with an attitude.

"How the fuck you gonna be hating on your daughter and her father's relationship?" I laughed.

"Nobody's hating on anything Kevin."

"Nobody but your jealous ass." I shook my head.

"Just focus on the road."

"Keira, you being for real sis?"

"Just wait till Nita has that baby, then you'll understand."

"That ain't going to happen. You just have some weird obsession with Yung that's what."

Keira ignored me completely when I said that. I didn't know what it was about the two of them, but shit worked so I just let it be and teased her when I can.

"I was thinking bout taking Nita to a spa before our son gets here."

"That's a nice idea." She looked at me from her iPad.

"Hey, let me ask you something?"

"Mhmm?"

"What was up with your attitude when that song began to play?"

"What song?"

"You know Kei. The one you got in the mail."

"I don't know what you're talking about." She looked at me.

Glancing at her, she held her phone to her ear. I know that shit had to be on some deep personal level mess if she was denying it like that, but eventually it will come out.

Pulling up at the W, there were a shit load of cars parked. They always had major events, yet there was always an issues when it came to music.

"Go ahead, I'll be in just a minute." Keira nodded.

Shrugging, I got out with my stuff and walked in. The set up was nice. I observed as I set up.

"You all set?"