•24•

Keira

"Aye sis, you straight?"

"I am, why you ask?" I looked back at him.

"I don't know, just haven't been seeing you around much." He shrugged.

Placing a plate of food in front of him, I just looked at him and went back to putting out mines.

"I'm fine Kevin, just been in a zone with YaYa, keeping your schedule updated and photography."

"Yea but you don't come over much."

"Well I'm sorry big bro." I gave him a smile.

Things been somewhat calm since this whole paternity test thing been cleared up. Honestly I'm happy that Kevin isn't that little girl's father more so because of who she was birthed by.

"Has she tried to contact you since?"

"Yea but I ain't been paying ha no mind." He shrugged.

"Its crazy how we all used to kick it and now its like this huh?" I shook my head.

"That's what I get for fucking with my home boy's sister after he warned me." He gave a light laugh and shook his head.

Mike and Ashley were beyond two different people despite being twins. Mike was always a humble person while Ashley was always out there.

Kevin was right, Mike did warn him because he knew his sister and still know her better than anyone, but my brother was just to stuck on her.

"What about Nita?"

"Now you know if you came by like you used to, you wouldn't be asking all these questions."

"Well excuse me for having a life outside of you." I laughed.

"You're excused." He smiled. "But she good, working ha ass off. She got a couple gigs out in the Caribbean next week."

"Oh ok."

"So what we doing tomorrow for Halloween?"

"Travis and Tima suppose to be coming today with Callie and we're taking her and YaYa trick or treating."

"So what? I'm not invited to go with my niece trick or treating?"

"How you gonna do that when you have two parties and a radio session tomorrow Kevin." I straight faced him.

"Oh shit, I forgot about that!"

"I know you did." I shook my head.

Same time as we continued to talk about business, the sound of the front door closing let me know August was home.

"Babe?" I called when I didn't see him come in.

After a couple minutes, he came in.

"Hey ma, went ta put YaYa down." He kissed me. "Wassup woe." They dapped.

"You want me to fix you a plate?"

"Nah you chill, I'a fix it." He said getting a plate out the cupboard.

"You got through with today?"

"Yea we got a costume and ya gon laugh when ya see it." He smiled and shook his head.

"Oh God." I smiled.

"Yo E, I saw ha crazy ass ex in tha mall." He came and sat with us.

"Man, I don't want to hear about her." Kevin sucked his teeth.

"She saw you?" I asked

"Yea she did and she tried ta talk ta a nigga but our daughter wasn't having it." He laughed.