•38•

Nita

"Babe do you need these?"

Me and Kevin were finally packing my hospital bag, getting things in order.

I was mid through my seventh month and things were getting real for us.

"No I don't want those." I rejected the dresses he was holding.

"So what do you want then?"

"I just pack those two black dresses, and my chucks."

"That's all Anita?"

"Yea babe. I don't plan on staying in there long. I want to be in and out." I sighed.

"I got you." He chuckled. "You want any of these bottles?"

"Nope. I plan on breastfeeding as long as I can."

"Ok. Oh and let me know when you're hungry."

"Kev I'm always hungry."

"True." We laughed.

Things been better since my talk with Faith a few weeks ago. She keeps it professional and focus.

I was yet to tell Kevin about it but aside from Keira asking me if I've done it, in my mind, I knew I had too.

"Kev?" I looked at him.

His back was to me and I think by the tone in my voice he knew something was up.

"Yea ma, you ok? Something hurting?"

"No babe." I smiled a little as he approached me. "I gotta talk to you about something."

"Aight."

Sitting on the chair in our son's room, he sat in front me.

"I need you to hear me out before you say anything ok."

"Ok." He said slowly.

"So back when you went outta town with Aug right."

"Uh huh."

"Something sort of happened."

"What happened and I want you to talk straight." He said in his serious tone.

"Ok." I took a deep breath. "So the day the girls surprised me with the baby shower in the park and I got the cramps, I came back home and relaxed. That night Faith came by to check on me and well long story shirt, before she left she kissed me."

"She kissed you!" He stood up.

"Yea when she was leaving, she doubled back and surprised me with it."

"So she was in the house? Wasn't YaYa with you?"

"She wasn't in the house, when I answered I stayed on the porch."

"Man." He stressed. "Why you now telling me this. That was two months ago."

"I know and I dealt with it and its been straight since."

"That's besides the point. You can't have someone working for you who coming on to you like that."

"I know but since we spoke she's been just working."

Hearing him sigh, I kept my attention on him. I knew he was upset but was trying to keep his cool.

"I need to talk to her."

"Babe." I whined.

"Nah, that shit ain't cool Anita." He turned to me. "Aside from you being her boss, you're married."