•4•

Kevin

"Thanks again for picking me up man!"

"Bruh you know it ain't anything. Keira and Kenya gon be happy ta see ya."

"Yea. How she been doing though?"

Aug had just got me from tha airport and we was on our way back. Even though I had a gig out here, it wasn't gonna be till the day after tomorrow.

"She been good since we got back." He nodded. "Still gets a lah fatigue but she good."

"Aight, well that's good to know."

The added medical issues on top of what she already had, had everyone on they toes. As much as she didn't like everyone fussing over her, it was inevitable.

"Hey man, swing by Walmart I gotta get some things."

"Aight bruh." He nodded as he took the turn off. "Let me call Keira ta see if she need anything."

"Yea babe!" She answered in this hasty tone.

"I'm on ma way back but stopping at Walmart, ya need anything?"

"Ummm, gimme a minute."

We heard some shuffling around as though she was looking for something.

"I'll send you a pic of the list I had"

"Aight" he agreed. "You good though, why you sound like that?"

"Oh I uh, I had just put YaYa down and came rushing for the phone when I heard it."

"Oh ok. Well you'll see me in tha next twenty minutes."

"Ok baby."

"Luh you ma"

"Love you too."

Getting off, he looked at me then focused as he turned into the parking lot.

"That girl is crazy!" He laughed.

"Shit and yo ass with her, so what that make you!" I laughed.

"A sprung nigga!" We both laughed.

Walking through Walmart, niggas was just staring. You would think by now people would be used to seeing us in public.

"I asked ha ta move back with me." Aug said.

"Oh word?" I nodded even though I already knew. "And what she said?"

"Yea man. She told me give her two months, she don't want to just uproot Kenya so depending on how shit goes, if I'm gon be on tha road or what, they gon come back to tha A fuh part of tha vacation ta ease ha in and then stay."