When You Can't Sleep At Night

*Kellin's POV*

It was hard to sleep knowing that someone was after you. Vic on the other hand, couldn't stay awake even if he wanted to. We were laid in bed face to face, I always loved looking at this beautiful human.

I loved the way his lips were lightly parted as he let out small snores, sorta catlike. I brushed off a curl from his face and I suddenly stopped, remembering Jake.

Tony managed to make up a lie on why Jake ran out of the house, luckily for us, Jake agreed to it. Such a devious little kid.

I carefully got out of bed and headed into the kitchen to stop myself from overthinking, another freakout was the last thing I wanted.

It had been almost a week since the incident yet I still felt uneasy. I couldn't go out for a simple walk because everything made me jumpy. I decided to prepare a late night snack, sometimes I felt like I was the one that was pregnant.

I headed over to the couch with snack in hand, browsing through Tumblr. I decided to check the anonymous questions on my dashboard, nearly dropping my food when I read the first one.

"Are you sure that child isn't his?"

I gulped, it could've been a coincidence so I decided to ignore it and go on to the next one, only making it worse.

"He still loves her, you're just a rebound. Why do you think he won't marry you?"

I turned off my phone and threw it as far as I could, landing with a thud. It was getting hard to breathe, suddenly my clothes felt too tight and the room was too small. I ran out of the house, gasping for air.

My breathing stopped when I heard the crunch of gravel; someone was close by. I quickly hid behind a tree and peered towards my house, trying to see who was there. I saw a hooded person peeking through a window, I went to search for my phone when I realized I had thrown it inside my house.

"Fuck," I muttered.

Who was that? What were they doing here? How did they find me? Most importantly, Vic was inside, unaware of what was going on around him. I had to think quick. I looked around, today was garbage pick up day and luckily for me, I found a metal pole.

"H-Hey!" I shouted, the person quickly turned around, "Get the fuck away from there!"

He slowly raised his hands, "I'm unarmed, I mean no harm."

"K-Keep your h-hands in the air," I ordered as I got closer, holding the pole tightly with my sweaty hands.

"I'm an undercover agent," he said cautiously.

"Do you really expect me to believe that? Who sent you?" I saw him begin to reach for his pocket, "I-I said hands in the air!"

Before I could swing, he lunged at me and sprayed me with some sort of liquid. It didn't take much for me to realize that it was chloroform as I slipped into unconsciousness.

~

I woke up with a throbbing headache, I sat up with a groan. Panic set in as I remembered what happened. I looked around me, I was laid on a bed but I relieved to see that I wasn't tied up. I carefully got up and began walking to the door when I heard foot steps approaching. I jumped back into bed, pretending to still be unconscious.

I heard someone walk in, "... yes, he's here... No sir, I did not use extreme measures... Yes, sir, I will make sure he is safe... Of course, sir... I assure you that I was not seen."

Make sure I'm safe? Was this a kidnapping? It couldn't be, I had no relatives and Vic's family wasn't extremely wealthy either. What did they want?

"Kellin, I know you're awake," the person spoke with a British accent, it was a voice I had heard somewhere before.

I opened my eyes to see a boy with wavy brown hair, wearing a suit and sunglasses. I knew I'd seen him somewhere but I couldn't quite put my finger on it.

"What do you want from me?" I asked, barely audible.

"I cannot answer that, I'm merely a body guard and my duty is to protect you," he said, all too formal.

"Where am I? What are you trying to protect me from?" My anxiety was building up, I felt so clueless.

"You're inside the underground Bostwick headquarters and I'm trying to protect you from those so called agents," he was perfectly still and calm as he spoke.

"What? This is nonsense, get me out of here!" I was going to sprint to the door but he grabbed me before I could, somehow managing to put me on the ground with a light thud.

"Please don't make this hard for yourself. I am trained to do this and will not let you go until I've been ordered to do so, I apologize. I know the distress you must be in," he said, his body still hovering over me.

"I have family at home too, you know! Aren't they in danger too?!" I shouted as I tried to push him off.

"You, being an immediate relative of Mr. Bostwick, are our only concern.

I stopped struggling, "M-My... father?"

.
.
.
.
.
.
*:.. o(≧▽≦)o ..:*
Gonna try to do short chapters because my train of thought has been shít lately :))) fml