Pick Up The Phone

*Kellin's POV*

"Hey, kiddo," Tony said nervously, "How'd you... what are you doing here?"

He ignored his question and was more interested in the disaster that my house was in, "Woah, your friend is really messy," he said as he stepped inside, taking a good look at everything around.

"Where's your mom?" He asked, I was afraid that she might burst through the door in with a gun or something.

"Who are they?" Jake asked me, pointing at a picture that had been knocked down on the table.

Tony and I looked at each other before I stepped closer to him, kneeling down to his height as I tried to keep calm, "Well, that's my family."

He curiously turned to me, "They don't look like you, is Tony your cousin?"

I laughed, "More like a brother from another mother but, uh, these are all my friends but I consider them family."

His big brown eyes looked at me with fascination, "I've never seen so many people in one picture."

I turned to Tony, he gave me the look of "I'll explain later." I gave him a small nod, then turned back to Jake, "One day you'll have a picture with all your friends, okay?"

"Really?! You mean it?!" I nodded and he jumped excitedly, suddenly giving me a hug and catching me by surprise, "I want you and Tony to be in it too!"

"I know, Jakey, but right now is not the time, okay?" Tony said, "Kellin is having some trouble finding someone–"

"Is it a game of hide and seek? I want to play! I'm a good seeker," he said proudly.

I looked back up at Tony for help, I wasn't very good at dealing with kids, "You can but first we have to call your mom to see if she's okay with you staying here, how does that sound?"

"N-No!" he said quickly, he looked down at the floor, "I just... I just want to stay here for a while... without mommy knowing."

"Why is that?" I asked, besides my panicked state I couldn't help but feel curious to this kid's mind.

"I want to meet the man you and my mom were talking about..." he mumbled quietly.

"We have to call your mom to see if she's okay with it, alright?" Tony asked.

Jake nodded, he grabbed his hand and walked to another room. With no trace of where Vic could be or what could've happened to him, I felt useless. Who should I call? The police? No, they were useless. My only hope was that secret agent or whatever, Jake's mother, but I didn't have much hope on her either now that we weren't on good terms. Scaring myself with my thoughts, I decided to go where Tony was, only to find him with a frustrated look on his face.

"What's wrong?" I sat beside Jake who was swinging his legs under the chair.

"She's not answering," he muttered, "Keeps going straight to voicemail."

"So send her a text message, duh," I said, he made it seem like it was rocket science.

"What would you do if you received a text from a teacher, telling you that your kid was in the house of the person you dislike? Just the thought of your kid even escaping your own home is enough to freak out any parent," he shook his head, "Once you become a parent, you'll understand."

"Yeah, whatever," I muttered as I leaned my head against the kitchen counter.

Tony kept pacing as he called and called again. Jake and I just watched, if he kept pacing he would dig his own grave. Jake eventually fell asleep on the countertop, I brushed the hair from his face but one small curl landed on his nose, making me giggle.

"What's so funny?" Tony asked.

I thought for a minute, "I find it funny how a kid like Jake could manage to leave his room, run past us, get into your car and hide, and make his way here."

He rolled his eyes, "Don't encourage him."

"I just saying," I rolled my eyes and kept playing with Jake's hair, it made me uneasy how he reminded me so much of Vic. Physically, at least.

"Woah, what the hell happened here?" Someone said from the living room.

My head shot up and I nearly fell off the chair. Tony didn't have a chance to say anything as I ran out of the kitchen and into the living room. There, standing, was Vic.

"Oh my god!" I ran and slammed myself into him almost knocking us over. I grabbed his face as I examined him, "Are you okay? Are you hurt? I thought something happened to you, I would've die–"

"Hey, hey," he hugged me as I finally burst into tears, "I'm okay, I'm okay! See? Nothing happened to me," he soothed as he rubbed by back.

I held his face, kissing him again and again, "You idiot, you should've called me!"

"I just went for a walk!" He shot back, "Since when can't I go for a wa– who's that?" He looked behind me to the child sleeping in the kitchen.

Oh fuck, what was I going to tell him? That I went to interrogate his ex-girlfriend and her child followed us home? I was psycho enough, I didn't need him to this he needed to put me in an institution. Thankfully for me, Tony spoke.

"My friend's kid, wanted me to babysit for a bit," he said nonchalantly, it wasn't a total lie.

"Okay?" He dropped the topic, "But what happened here? Did you call the police yet?"

"W-We don't know, we came home after, uh," it wasn't early enough to say breakfast and it was already afternoon so what could I say? God, I sucked at making up lies.

"After breakfast, Kellin accompanied me to pick him up," he gestured to Jake.

"Yes, right," I breathed, "And when he came to drop me off, I-I opened the door and everything was a total mess! Our things... scattered all over the place. Tony, tell him what you told me."

"Well, as we were looking around I noticed something rather... odd," he began, sounding like some kind of detective, "Do you notice anything strange?"

He looked around, "Other than the fact that my house has been demolished, no."

"Look closer," Tony urged.

"Tony, I get you want to play detective, but we really don't have time for this..." Vic said.

"None of your valuables are missing," he simply said.

Vic furrowed his eyebrows, "What?"

He began to look around and sure enough, our jewelry, TVs, gaming systems, money, and between other things, haven't been taken at all.

"Do you have something someone might've wanted? I don't know, maybe a certain jewelry piece or some kind of antique?" Tony asked.

Vic turned to me, "He wants Kellin."

.
.
.
.
.
.
*:.. o(≧▽≦)o ..:*
What's up guys! I'm so terribly sorry for not updating in over a month, you guys can beat me up