Chapter 1: Back to school!

Waking up, slowly, Elizabeth remembered something which made her squeal in delight! It was the last day of the holidays! Time to go back to the beautiful Whyteleafe school, which everyone called the best school in the world! She would miss her mother and father, of course, but she was so looking forward to being in the fourth form! There was to be a new election for the head girl and boy since last year had been Thomas and Emma's last and she was excited to know who to choose! She had thought of Lewis, the former games captain for head boy, as he was very strict and straight forward- a perfect thing to be to fill Thomas' shoes! But she had no idea for the head girl! All candidates seemed, well, too... much of a hanging out kind of sort. They all wore loads of lipstick and make- up whenever they could! They aren't the quiet sort, quite incapable of fitting into Emma's small and timid shoes! But, she had made her decision. She was going to vote for Amanda. Amanda still wore makeup but it was very light and just a thin layer. 

"Elizabeth, dear," said a voice, "Do come down and have your dinner!"

Elizabeth rushed down hurriedly, after smelling the delicious smell of spaghetti bolognese. 

"Ooh! Mum! This meal looks so nice! Thank you so much!" she said, gobbling down a huge chunk of spaghetti.

"Careful!" laughed Mrs Allen, as a piece of beef rolled down her new white top.

"Sorry, mum!" she said, quickly rubbing it with a towel making it spread across the top. "What's wrong with me, I don't know!"

It was true, Elizabeth had made many mistakes but then seemed to make even more afterwards!

"I have arranged for Arabella to come and visit us, while her aunts away," Mrs Allen told her.

"Mum!" she said, in a wailing voice. "I hate Arabella! She's so... well..you know... big headed and selfish!"

Arabella had come to Whyteleafe a couple of terms before as her parents were in America. She hadn't kept the rules very well, though!

Elizabeth sighed. Maybe it wasn't going to be peaceful after all!