Twenty Five

Saying goodbye to my mom again was hard.  But, I did it.  And when she went away I cried to Pete.  We hid in the bathroom of the reception.  While everyone danced and had a great time, I was sobbing on my husbands shoulder.  He rubbed my back soothingly.  I started to calm down finally.  He looked down at me and smiled.

"You okay?" he asked.

"I'll be fine" I said.  He kissed my forehead.

"Okay" he whispered "Come on we have to have a dance"

"Okay" I followed him out.  We snuck around everyone and they didn't even notice we were missing.  He led me to the dance floor and we danced.
-----
"Thank you" I said to Ashlee.  She smiled at us.

"I'm sorry I couldn't attend the wedding.  I'm not allowed to show myself to so many mortals" She said gently "Patrick, I'll let you see your mother again.  Once a month at least.  I promise.  You're a deserving man of at least that.  You're heart is beautiful"

"You'll let me see her again?" I asked.

"You can see her one day every month" she said "That's the best I can do for you"

"Thats perfect.  Thank you Ashlee" She smiled again.

"You both deserve happiness.  Congratulations" she disappeared without another word.  Pete and I smiled at each other.  He pulled out the book he proposed to me with and flipped to the final page.  It was a picture of us dancing at out wedding.  And right underneath it said;  The End.