Sixteen

[You probably thought Im that mean]

I took a deep breath and opened my eyes.  Ashlee stared at me and smiled.  She pulled her hands off my stomach.  I looked at everyone surrounding me.  Pete clutched my hand tightly. 

"He's not going anywhere" Ashlee said smiling "Not for a long time" I squeezed Petes hand back as hard as I could. 

"I saw it" I said.

"Saw what?" Pete asked me "Baby what'd you see.  Tell me.  Don't stop talking to me.  Ever.  Just keep talking" He sobbed gently "Don't ever stop!" He hugged me tightly.  I buried myself into him and hugged him back. 

"I saw heaven" I whispered "I saw it" I laughed. 

"I need you" Pete whimpered "I need you" I ran my hand through his hair.  I felt fine for someone who just died. 

"You're beautiful" I said.  He lifted his head up and stared sadly into my eyes.  Tears ran down his cheek. 

"You remember it all don't you?" he asked.

"Yeah" I said.

"You can't do that!  I would've been fine I have more strength than a human when I'm like that!" he yelled "Y-You fucking idiot!" He buried his head into my neck "Selfish reckless idiot"

"I thought you we're gonna die" I whispered.

"I didn't.  You did" I looked over at everyone.  They stared at me worriedly.  Phil had clearly been crying.  Dan was comforting him.  Joe and Andy were clutching each others hands and just staring at me.  Ashlee was smiling. 

"You brought me back" I said.

"I'm not supposed to.  But, this was different.  You two are different.  You need each other.  And I'd never let death take someone that someone else needs" She slowly started to disappear in front of me.  Then, she was gone.  I hugged Pete tighter. 

"You're the strong one" I said gently.

"I'm weak without you" he whispered.