Thirteen

"Why are you doing this to me?" I asked Pete. Joe, Andy, Phil, and Dan all ran into town happily. But, I just wanted to go home. Back to the castle.  "Pete" I stopped us "I don't wanna go in there"

"Come on babe.  This is supposed to be fun" He crossed his arms.

"Reading is fun.  I read all the time and I have lots of fun.  Please don't make me go back in there I finally escaped"  He pouted at me "Please"

"You don't wanna see your dad" he said "Thats what this is about isn't it?"

"Well" I said "Yeah"

"I'm sure he won't be out today.  Don't worry okay?" He kissed my forehead to calm me down.  He gripped my side tightly.  Too tightly. 

"Ow" I said "Pete" I looked down at my side.

"Sorry" he said "I didn't think I was squeezing so hard" I lifted my shirt up.  Briuses.  "Jesus I'm sorry Patrick I really didn't-"

"Pete" I cut him off. 

"What?" he asked.  He followed my gaze to his hand.  His claws were coming back.  That's why he was holding onto me so hard his beastly strength was back "What the fuck?" he asked.   They went away again. 

"What was that?" I asked. 

"I don't know.  Maybe just the transformation finalizing or something?" he asked. 

"Maybe" I said.  He grabbed my hand and laced our hands together.  "Shouldn't we ask the sorceress about this?"

"It's nothing" he said.  I wasn't so convinced.
-----
We walked around all day without a bother from his hands or anything like that.  It was dark out so not many people were around.  We were taking a walk by the lake near the town park.  I laid my head on his shoulder and smiled.  The day wasn't so bad.  Everyone stared at me of course but, it was okay.  We walked in silence.  Happy, cozy, silence. 

"Patrick?" We both froze "Is that you?" I gulped and squeezed Petes hand.

"Dad" I mumbled.  I looked at the man in front of me. 

"Everyone kept telling me you were alive.  I wasn't sure if they were telling the truth" he said.  He stared at Pete "Who're you" Pete shifted his hand and a pair of claws dug into my hand.  I tried to keep quiet so I didn't scream out and draw attention to it.  I moved so I was covering our hands. 

"My boyfriend" I said "This is Pete"

"Your boyfriend?" My dad asked "Wait a damn minute as long as your still alive you're still marrying Mark" I raised my eyebrows at him.  Pete glared at him. 

"Excuse me?" I asked "I'm not marrying anyone any time soon first of all.  Second of all even if I was it wouldn't be Mark"

"You're coming home with me right now" my dad said grabbing my arm.  Pete grabbed his arm.  His breathing sounded deeper and faster.  I was scared to look up.  My dad looked at him in fear.  Fear and shock.  Pete growled lowly.

"Take your hand off him!" he roared.  He threw my dad back just by his arm.  My dad fell on his ass and stared up at Pete "Get out!" he roared.  I looked up at him.  He was so much taller again.  His scars were back.  Fangs in his mouth.  He looked down at me.  His eyes gleamed yellow.  That was new.  His ears were pointy as they once were and his hands were covered in fur. 

"Beast!" my dad screamed "A beast has my son!" He ran away from us "A beast has my son help!" Pete lifted me off the ground bridal style and took off down the edge of the lake.  With his speed we were home in minutes when it usually took us a half hour.  He took me inside then dropped me to the floor.  He let out a growl again and looked around the castle.  He snatched what he needed off the table and slammed the mirror to the ground.  It swirled blue lights up to the ceiling until the sorceress appeared un front of us.  She opened her eyes slowly.  Her hair looked a bit different from last time and her clothes were different.  She stared at me, then Pete.

"You must calm down to change back.  Then I'll tell you why you are a beast again" she said.

"Calm down!" he roared "How do you expect me to calm down!" he ran at her but I grabbed his hand.  He stopped where he was and stared at me. 

"Close your eyes" I said.  He hesitated.  "Pete.  Close them" He nodded and slowly let his eyes close.  I pressed his hand to my face.  "Feel me.  I'm warm.  Now follow my voice" He took in some deep breaths "I love you"

"I love you too" he whispered.  His hand was a humans hand again.  His height was shrinking slowly. 

"You're beautiful Pete" I said.  His face.  Body.  Ears.  All normal.  He opened his eyes and they flashed yellow before turning back to hazel.  He stared at me and smiled.

"Thank you" he said.  He hugged me to his side and stared back at the sorceress.  "Why did I turn into the beast Ashlee" I stared at her.  Finally I knew her name.  Damn.  She smiled a bit.

"The beast is and will always be, a part of you.  He will come to you again if he feels you need him.  It's not something you can control.  You can't turn to him whenever you want.  But, when he sees and thinks you  need him, he'll appear.  He seems very keen on protecting Patrick" She smiled at me "He's only shown himself in a time of Patricks need" I blushed a bit.  Pete glared a bit. 

"Why do I feel jealous of myself?" he asked.  Ashlee and I both laughed. "What?  Patrick's mine.  Now I have to share him with a beast boy?  I have to share him with myself" He pouted.

"I'm all yours.  Beast or no beast" I kissed his cheek "I love you"

"Ugh, I love you too.  And I can't believe this mother fucker keeps coming back" We laughed again.  He pouted "Fucking beast boy"