Two

"There you are" My dad said when I walked back inside.  "I fixed the power" he said.

"I see" I mumbled.  I took my wet jacket off "I'm really tired dad" I said. 

"So go to bed" He said.  He stared at his phone.

"Will do" I sighed.  My life was the same everyday.  Boring.  Luckily, I was out of school for the summer.  It didn't feel like summer though.  I laid down on my bed pulling the blankets over myself. 
-----
I found myself wandering again when I woke up.  I walked through the woods with my book and sat on a log.  I opened it on my lap trying to read.  I got through about two chapters when it was being snatched off my lap.  I looked up at Mark the most eligible bachelor in town.  The one who wanted me.

"Hello" he smiled.  I sighed.

"Hi Mark" I mumbled "Will you give me my book back?" He handed it to me "Thank you"

"What's a pretty thing like you doing in the woods?" he smirked. 

"Trying to read" I said.

"Well-"

"Mark!" Someone yelled.  He sighed.

"I have to go" he said.  He smirked again "Call me sometime Pretty boy" He laughed and the ran away from me.  I rolled my eyes at him.  Dick.
-----
I woke up still in the forest to rustling.  When did I fall asleep?  I got up groggily grabbing my book.  I started walking around but, I got lost easily.  I looked around the forest.  Where was I?  Something snapped behind me.  I turned around quickly.  Two glowing eyes were staring at me.  I dropped the book and bolted.  The wold chased me.  It's paws dug into my back knocking me to the ground.  I rolled into a large gate.  It's breath was horrible against my face.  I closed my eyes trying to stay calm.  Yes, stay calm when you're about to be torn apart by a wolf.  It made a growling noise and scratched my arm.  Then I heard another growl.  The wolf barked loudly.  Then it whimpered.  I opened my eyes to see why it hadn't attacked me.  It was being held down by something larger.  I started running again.  I slammed into the doors of a castle.  I opened it quickly then slammed it shut behind me.  They opened again.  I stared in horror at the large thing in front of me.  It stood up straight.  I couldn't see it well. 

"What're you doing here?" he asked me menacingly "You're not supposed to he here"

"I don't know" I whispered.  He threw something at me.  I caught my book before it hit the ground.  "My book" I said.

"Follow me" he said.  He walked forward staying in the shadows.  I stared at the front door.  My hands shook while I tried to decide whether or not I should run.  "Now!" he roared.  I ran after him fearing for my life.  He led me into a sort of kitchen.  "Trohman!" he roared. 

"I'm right here jesus" A clock jumped it's way onto the table.  I stared in shock at it.  "What's up?" he asked me "I'm Joe"

"Patrick" I said "And you're a clock"

"Yup" he laughed. 

"Patrick was scratched by a wolf" The large man snapped "Fix his wounds.  Find him a room for him to stay in.  He probably won't be going home for a while.  It's wolf season and he'd never make it out of here alive"

"Woah, what?" I asked.

"Just a month.  Once it's the end of the month the wolves tend to either move away or get shot and killed by your hunters" He said. 

"Can you show me what you look like at least?" I asked.

"No" He snapped "You're lucky I'm even being this nice to you"

"Okay, then thank you" I smiled.  He did it reply.  He just walked away.

"Never mind the master" Joe said "Come meet my friends.  We'll make sure your stay is warm and welcoming" I followed the, erm, clock man? To the rest of the kitchen which was ten times bigger than the other one. "Guys! We have a visitor!" Joe yelled.

"Joe not this again!" Someone else yelled. A little tea cup jumped down "Oh my! He's right we do!" The tea cup yelled.

"Patrick, this is Andy" Joe said smiling.

"This is crazy" I laughed. I knelt down "Hi Andy. I'm Patrick" I smiled.

"Come on you guys!" Andy yelled. A stuffed llama and lion came downstairs.

"What is it?" He asked.

"Patrick thats Dan. And thats Phil" Joe said pointing to them.

"Hello! I'm Phil!" The lion yelled excitedly. He ran over to me. I giggled and let him jump onto my palm "Wow, we never get visitors and you seem so nice!"

"Hi I'm Dan. I'm not as out going as Philly" The llama said awkwardly.

"Philly?" I asked "Thats adorable"

"They're a thing" Joe said "They have been since before the change" I put Phil down.

"The change?" I asked.

"Oh yes, well we were all human once but the the master, er Pete, he uhm-"

"Enough!" Pete roared. We all jumped away.

"You know that temper of yours is a bit ridiculous!" Joe yelled. Pete came into the light for the first time since I'd met him. He stared at me. He was expecting something.

"What happened to you?" I whispered. I stared at the scars going down his face. The fangs in his mouth. He even had claws. I reached out to touch him but he pulled away from me.

"You should be afraid" He snarled.

"I'm not" I whispered "I'm curious"

"Curiosity killed the fucking cat" he snapped. He looked down at Joe. "Take him to a room and don't bother me again!"