Twenty Two

"So you're alive?" Phil asked "For the week?" My mom nodded. "That's wonderful!" I smiled a bit and leaned back against Pete. "Would you mind if I showed you around the castle?"

"I'd love that" she said smiling. She followed him into the next room.

"I think she likes Phil the best" Pete mumbled in my ear.  I frowned at the hallway they disappeared into "Hey, what's wrong?"

"It's not fair" I whispered.

"What's not fair?" he asked.

"Your parents left you.  My moms gonna be gone again in a week.  My father cares more about who I marry and who he fucks than he does about me.  People don't see how lucky they are" I said.  He ran his fingertips down the back of my head.  I felt his nails turn to claws.  A shiver went down my back.  I turned around facing a beast.  I hated this version of him.  It wasn't the beast I once knew.  This version was an angry version of that beast.  And it definitely wasn't Pete.  But, it was keen on protecting me for some reason.  Probably because it was a part of Pete.  His eyes flashed yellow.  "I know you used to like it when I ran my claws through your hair" he said.  I turned back around awkwardly. 

"You came for that?" I whispered.

"Yes" he said.  He started scratching my head with his claws. 

"I thought you only came out when you're needed" I said.  He slowly hugged my stomach. 

"Maybe, you needed the beast" he said.  He kissed my neck gently.  I closed my eyes and laid back against him.  He felt warmer as a beast.  "Every part of me loves you" he whispered in my ear.  I smiled a little.  Maybe the beast side wasn't so bad. 

"Every part of me loves every part of you" I mumbled.  "But this side scares me a bit"

"I like protecting you Patrick" he said "That's what I believe I need to do.  The human can give you everything else.  But, I'm better at protecting you.  I'm still Pete.  I'm just more-"

"Scary" I said.  I smirked at him.  He smiled back.

"I was gonna say serious.  Or violent maybe.  But scary works" He leaned down and started kissing my neck.  He tugged part of my skin between his two fangs. 

"Maybe hornier" I said.  He laughed darkly in my ear.  "Shit" I whispered in pleasure as his hands traveled down my body.  He slowly led his hands to exactly where he wanted them to be.  I moaned lightly in his ear.  I bit my lip desperately.  "I want you" I whispered.  He smiled again.  "Please.  I want you"

"Your wish is my command" he lifted me bridal style and carried me to the bedroom.
-----
I woke up to my mom talking in the hallway.  I looked around at the mess the beast made.  Pillows torn.  Bedsheets ripped down the middle.  I laughed gently trying not to get myself covered in pillow stuffing.  He was certainly different than Pete.  He had an excited wild streak to him.  I looked around for Pete but he wasn't in bed with me.  I got myself dressed then groggily made my way out of the room following my moms voice.  Everyone looked over at me.  Pete blushed like a tomato and stared at the table. 

"Patrick what's in your hair?" My mom asked pulling a piece of pillow from it.  "Is this pillow stuffing?"

"Our pillow ripped" I said awkwardly.  Pete blushed more.  I sat down next to him.  He stared at me from the corner of his beautiful eyes.  I smiled a bit and bit my lip.  "Don't fee shy"

"That was insane Patrick I-"

"I liked it" I said.  He raised his eyebrows at me.

"Y-you did?  It wasn't too crazy?"

"Thats what made it so fun.  But next time, I think I'd prefer you instead" He ran his hand through my hair and stared at me the way he did.  The way I loved.  The look that said he loved me and only me.  That I was his world.  "You're doing it" I whispered "You're looking at me like that again"

"Like what?" he asked.  He was still focused on my eyes.  His hands laid in my hair.

"Like you can't live without me" I whispered.  He smiled a little.

"I can't" he said.