Eight

I snuck out after sending Mark a text to meet me in the woods.  I slowly crept through the dark forest standing in the spot I told him to meet me.  He walked towards me not too long after I got there.

"Patrick-"

"I wanna know what you did with those damn pictures" I said.

"What pictures?" he asked.

"Don't play stupid with me Mark.  The pictures your moron friend took" I crossed my arms.  He did too. 

"Nothing.  No one knows but me" he said "And him"

"And me" I said angrily "Delete them.  You've no right to take pictures of Pete-"

"That thing has a name?" he snorted.

"Yes he has a name.  And he's not a thing" I snapped.

"Patrick he's a beast.  An ugly monster.  What kind of spell does he have you under?" He asked in disgust.

"He's not a monster!  You don't even know him!  You're just pissed off I never wanted you!" I yelled.  He stared at me.

"You're in love with it aren't you?" he asked.

"No" I said "Well, I-I don't know"

"You are" he laughed "You're in love with the beast!"

"I'm not in love with anyone and if I was it's none of your damn business!  Delete the fucking pictures Mark!"

"No" he said. 

"Why not!?" I yelled.

"Once word gets out that he has poor little Patrick Stump trapped in that castle against his will they'll come after him.  Then I get to hang his disgusting head on my wall like a trophy while you marry me because daddy said so.  Just like I wanted all along" He said.  He smirked at me.  I punched him hard across the face. 

"You try anything and you're dead" I said "Don't you dare try to hurt him.  I'll fuck you up before he even has a shot"

"You've really got it bad" he said. 

"Stay away" I said.  I pushed him backwards and started walking back towards the castle. 

"Fuck you!" he yelled.  I ignored him and kept walking.  Something rustled behind me.

"Fuck off Mark" I said.  It rustled again.  I froze and turned around.  Shit.  I bolted down towards the castle.  The four wolves chased after me.  Now I was really in deep shit because instead of one it was four.  The one bit my jacket.  Taking me to the ground.  I kicked another in the nose which only pissed it off more.  I fought against them but they scratched and clawed at me until I could barely move.  I screamed out loudly in pain.  I heard a large roar and all four wolves were taken off me.  I stared up at the sky trying to breathe.  The wolves whined but Pete gave no mercy.  He scratched and tore at them until they were all dead.  He lifted me into his bloody arms and ran me into the castle. 

"Joe!  Andy!  Someone!" he roared "I need help!" I couldn't move.  I couldn't keep my eyes open either.  I just wanted to sleep.
-----
When I woke up I was in my room.  I looked up at the ceiling then I turned my head to find Pete sleeping peacefully next to me.  His hand was squeezing mine.  I moved slowly since the pain was unbearable.  I wrapped his arm around myself and cuddled against him. 

"Patrick" he mumbled "Why?  You knew it was dangerous"

"Sh" I said "Talk later" I whispered.  He kissed the top of my head gently. 

"I wish I would've gotten there sooner" he said.

"I know" I said.
-----
"So you went to get Mark to delete the pictures?" he asked.  I nodded slowly.  "Then he said he was gonna tell the town I was keeping you hostage"

"So I punched him in the face" I said.

"Right" He said. 

"And then I got attacked by wolves"

"Now we're testing your blood for diseases" he said.

"And here we are" I finished.

"Here we are" he repeated.  He sighed loudly. 

"I was just trying to protect you Pete. I completely forgot about wolves and I-"

"And you're lucky I heard you scream" he growled. I frowned "You cannot do that shit to me! I thought I lost you! You wouldn't open your eyes"

"I'm sorry" I whispered.

"Next time Patrick, tell me before you pull a stupid bullshit stunt like that" He got off my bed and stormed out of my room. The door slammed shut behind him. Ugh.
-----
After we found out the wolves hadn't given me anything I tried to find a room in the castle that wasn't somewhere someone could find me for a while. I opened a door that was deep inside the castle. I felt around for a light switch and flicked it on when I finally found it.

"Woah" I mumbled. I looked around the giant library of books around me. I smiled and laughed with genuine happiness. Probably the first time I've smiled since I was attacked. I closed the door behind me and walked around feeling every book I could. The walls were lined with shelves of brightly colored books. I picked one up feeling it's weight. Then I checked the cover for a title. Cinderella. Probably the original. I sat on the floor and started reading it.
-----
"I found him!" I heard Pete yell. I opened my eyes slowly. He stared at me worriedly "I found you" he whispered.

"Hm?" I asked sleepily. When did I fall asleep?

"God I found you" he hugged me tightly "I thought you were gone. I thought you left me. I checked the mirror and you were right here asleep on the floor. I wanted to cry"

"I'm sorry" I mumbled.

"No, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have yelled like that. I know you were trying to protect me" He kissed my forehead and cradled my head in his hands. "I can't lose you" He whispered.

"I'm sorry" I said again. He pecked my lips. "I found your library" I laughed. He looked around smiling.

"I was going to tell you about it eventually"

"I love it" I said "I feel so happy here" I leaned my head on his shoulder "Especially with you"

"You're so sweet" He laughed.

"My body hurts" I said.

"I know baby" He frowned "I know"