CHAPTER♡35

"Some love is like a star; beautiful, but only when it's dying."

☯️◌

He can't think.

If he starts thinking, he'll think about Felix. He'll think about how Felix had leaned on him so heavily, not only when he came back, but also during the time that he was tortured.

"I never answered his questions on why he couldn't remember anything, or who 'Cry' was."

"Back up a moment there, who I was? He remembered me?"

"Snake threw a temper tantrum, thinking that Felix was beginning to remember things, but I assured him that Pewdie wasn't, because that was the truth. Felix wasn't remembering things, I just think he never forgot you."

All the sudden, Cry can't see the road. It doesn't even dawn on him that he's not focused on the road and that he's crying until he feels it. A tear sliding down his cheek.

He stops the car, knuckles white from holding the steering wheel too hard. I tried so hard, Cry thinks pathetically. I tried so hard to shut him out and to not let him close. I tried so hard to drive him away.

He starts thinking and he can't stop. His mind only stays on this white haired man who was never scared of Cry and never hated him despite how much he should have. Cry thinks about how the last thing he'll remember about Felix is how the man had a complete break down and he couldn't do anything besides kiss him.

He hits the steering wheel and reaches up to take off his mask. He goes to rub his eyes, to stop himself from crying, but instead he ends up sobbing into them.

The last time he cried over someone was Mareith, and that was, what, two years ago?

"It's so easy to do the wrong thing in this world. So if it feels easy, don't do it. Alright? Don't let the world spoil you."

"Even if all those things were true, you wouldn't seriously hurt me. You'd never kill me. I'm not scared of you."

Cry sobs for what feels like a long time. He cries for himself and everyone he's lost. Felix. But he figures that, in the end, he deserves it.

Because of course he does.

༻༒༺

Its the next day and the sun finally starts to peak over the horizon by the time he pulls up the same dirt road he took all that time ago. Sunlight is streaming through the trees of the forest and in through his windshield, hitting his eyes, the mask still in the passengers seat, forgotten.

He sits there for a moment, the gates of the base just ahead of him. Does he hand himself over? Should he just blast through the gates?

But then what?