〃27〃

Cry finds his eyes straying to Felix more often than not. It becomes apparent when he's been staring for too long when Felix starts to fidget.

He doesn't even realize he's doing it, half of the time. It's like his eyes have a mind of their own, choosing instead to look at the curve from Felix's neck to his shoulders. The strong jawline. Soft eyelashes. High cheekbones.

Eyes dropping lower, waiting for the shirt he's wearing to be lifted and to reveal abs even though its not gonna happen.

The metal arm.

Cry looks away even though its covered by sleeves. The metal arm still freaks him out. Everything about Felix freaks him out.

How does the metal arm even work? Was Felix awake for it?

What happened to him?

"I feel like we should be, I don't know, walking. Going somewhere," Felix says, exasperated, from across the room. "And where would that be?" Cry asks, twirling his pocket knife around on the counter.

"I don't know... Weren't... When we knew each other..." Felix says slowly, words getting tangled together. Cry can see his frustration growing. "You know what I mean, right?" He asks suddenly, looking up from what he's doing at Cry.

Cry shrugs, "We've known each other for years. Which part of that time period are you talking about?"

Felix visibly pales. "Years?" He asks, eyes wide. Cry smiles a bit and says "No, I'm fucking with you. We didn't know each other for long. I know what you're talking about."

Pewds rolls his eyes and mumbles something that sounds like "Dick", then continues on with what he was saying before. "Weren't we going somewhere?"

Cry squints, thinking about it. Were they?

"Oh, yeah. You and your girlfriend were heading to Florida. Absolutely helpless, the two of you, and since I'm a bad ass, you asked me to take you two down there."

Pewds gets a small smile on his face, reminiscing about memories he can't even remember, and rolls his eyes. "Bad ass, really?" He drawls. "Well, you weren't the one who said that. In fact, you were very closed off. It was your girlfriend, Marzia, who called me a bad ass and asked me to help you guys. She was practically in awe of me until she found out who I was," Cry says, sits up instead of slouching.

"Until she found out who you were? Why?" Pewds asks, tilting his head to the side in confusion. "Well, am. Who I am. And its because I'm wanted by many people for many things, I'm a bad person, depending on who you talk to. You, though, you were never phased by me." Its part of Felix's appeal.

Cry tries to rid himself of the thought.

"You don't seem scary or bad at all, so I could see why I wouldn't be," Pewds says, shrugging. Cry almost laughs.

He gets up, tosses his knife up in the air and catches it by the blade while walking toward Pewdie.

"I've held a knife to your throat, I've threatened you, I've used you as a human shield while you were bleeding out just to save myself, and I've shot you,"

He crouches down to get in Felix's face, starts twirling the knife around on the floor without looking at it, choosing instead to look at the blue eyes in front of him.

"Am I still not scary? Am I still this good person you perceive me to be?"

Felix doesn't say anything for a moment, squinting his eyes in the slightest way.

"Even if those things were true, you wouldn't ever hurt me seriously. You wouldn't kill me," He says, and Cry snorts, amused. "When I used you for a human shield, you were bleeding out because your arm," Cry points to Felix's left arm "was absolutely fucked. And then I kept you as a human shield after I shot you. You almost passed out, and you told me to stop, stop making threats and to stop hurting people, and all I said was that if it wasn't for your friends, you wouldn't be in pain. I held your girlfriend at gun point and she couldn't do anything because you were my human shield, as I've said. Does it register in your brain that I'm not a good person yet? What more do I have to give you?"

Felix doesn't have anything to say. If he could remember anything at all, he would bring that up as a counterexample, but he doesn't remember anything. Nothing but pain. Constant. Pain.

So instead he closes his eyes and leans forward, lips finding Cry's and arms finding Cry's neck.

Its awkward for the first moment. Cry's mask is in the way and he's not kissing back, and for a split second Felix thinks he's fucked it up. All he wants to do is to stop feeling this pain, to stop thinking, and Cry smells like home and-

Cry is pushing Felix away.

Pewds doesn't open his eyes and doesn't retract his hands, instead opting to sit there with his eyes closed looking like a fool.

"There's so much pain," Felix whispers, voice watery.

Is he about to cry?

"This is... Ironic? But all I want to do is forget. Let me forget.." He trails off, bowing his head in a sad way, but Cry is already lifting his mask halfway through the sentence.

He doesn't take it off or lift it all the way, he just lifts it to where the edge of the bottom is resting on the top of his nose, and then he's grabbing Felix's chin and tilting his head up. They're kissing.

There's no fireworks or memories rushing back into his head, instead it feels like opening a locked door. Felix melts into it either way, a tear sliding down his cheek.

▄︻̷̿┻̿═━一❀.°•*•°✾.* • °♡ °•❀

Have any of you guys ever walked allot? Like, until you get tired and your legs don't want to move even the slightest bit anymore? Well, now apply that to me, the author of this book. That is how I feel trying to write this fucking book and I'm so exhausted like I don't even want to look at wattpad half of the time because I know that I have to write this chapter, and I have to push myself or else this book won't get finished, but uuuugGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH

and that's why the past few chapters have been lacking and I'm sorry.