Chapter 22

Chapter 22

A/N

By the way, I have no idea how a police station works so it might sound like they’re in a hospital but I apologise.

Ella’s POV

Someone has some explaining to do and I do not mean Nate for not being here. Jeremiah has been our friend for the past few months and has not mentioned anything about killing someone. If he thinks he’s innocent, I think he needs to rethink about what he has done. Jeremiah didn’t tell us about murdering someone, yet alone talk about his life in the UK. He even lied about his name which, according to the policeman is Marcus.

I cannot imagine how Rob is feeling right now. He finally comes out about his sexuality and thought he had found someone he’s been waiting for his whole life. Everything was going great between them two.

“Rob, can you stay still and take a seat. You’re making me dizzy.” Adrian throws his empty coffee cup at Rob but misses and ends up going over the front desk. 

A head of a big, bulky man pops up, “who threw this at me?” The man is holding the cup in his right hand and crumples it in one go.

“I’m so sorry, sir. I was aiming for the bin but I have really shit –I mean bad coordination.” Adrian apologises and gives the man a smile.

The man doesn’t believe Adrian, though. “Come with me, young boy.”

Adrian stands up from his seat, “help me!” He whispers to us. But we all just laugh.

A husky cough interrupts us. “Do any of you guys want to join him?” We all shake our heads. “Hurry up, boy!” I think I see a tear form in the corner of Adrian’s eye.

After another 20 minutes of waiting, a lady officer comes into the waiting room. “Are you friends of Marcus? Well, he wants to tell you all something, so could you all follow me.”  We all follow the lady into a room filled with loads of people behind bars.

I find it really uncomfortable to be in the same room as criminals. I feel unsafe for some reason. But if it’s about knowing who Jeremiah really is, then I don’t care.

As we walk past, the people on the other side of the bars are mostly throwing toilet paper at us, screaming, shouting, calling us all names but others are just lying in their beds –yes, I do mean Jeremiah.

Rob walks up to the boy we thought was innocent. In a hoarse tone Rob says Jeremiah’s name. Jeremiah quickly lifts his head up and once he realises who it is, he walks up to the bars, “I’m sorry,” is all he says.

Lisa and I decided to leave and give Rob and Jeremiah some time to talk, but someone calls out our names. “Ella, get me out of here. Oi, Lisa.”

We both look to the side and see Adrian behind them. “What are you doing there?” Lisa asks him.

“Well, when that man told me to follow him, I thought he was going to execute me. So I shoved him and tried to run for it, but he was so massive that when I pushed him, he didn’t budge. And here I am.”

“So you’re trying to say, you thought you were going to die just because you threw a cup at him by accident?” I shake my head. “Are you even my brother?”

I walk off on him. “Where are you going? Don’t leave me in here!” Adrian calls out.

“I’m going to tell dad on you.” I scream back.

“Don’t you fucking dare!” I could still hear Adrian’s voice once I’m out of that hell hole.

I’m not actually going to tell mum or dad. I will help him but this is perfect to teach him a lesson for being a bitch to me for the past years. The longer he is in there the better. It’s not every day you get arrested for the lamest shit.