Chapter 14

I reopen my door, taking my seat when the passenger door flies open.

"What do you want now, Cra-" Turning to my right to look at the figure beside me, i realise it's not Craig but Nate. I haven't seen him all day either. He's basically been avoiding me -well, that's what i think, anyways. "Oh hey, Nate." I quickly say.

"Were you just going to call me Craig?" He asks me, taking a seat and shutting the door behind him. Why is he even in my car? 

"Yes, I did." I reply, turning the key in the ignition. I look at Nate who is staring out the window with his arms resting on the door. Was it something I said? "Why are you in my car?" I twist in my seat so my body is facing Nate.

He looks from the window, copying my moves and faces me. "I just came to say hi." Nate gives me one of his toothy grins which makes me snort a little.

"I don't believe you." I face the right way -towards the steering wheel and behin to reverse out of the parking lot; not caring if Nate has his seatbelt on or not. I drive out of the parking lot, driving in the direction of Lisa's house.

"Where are we going?" This isn't the way to your or my house." Nate states.

"No shit, Sherlock."

"Relax, El. Where are we going?"

"We're going Lisa's house. I need to talk to her." I concentrate on the road but I drive as fast as I can -not going over the speed limit of course.

Nate stays quiet for the majority of the trip which only took an approximately 8 out of 10 minutes. "Do you actually think Lisa and Craig are getting it in?"

Really Nate? 'Getting it in', is there no other way to say that they are sleeping together?

I pull out the key from the ignition and open my door. "Are you coming or not?" I turn to look at Nate sitting still in his seat with his seatbelt still buckled across his body.

He stares at me, "thought this was some best friend d&m conversation. I don't want to intrude."

"You should've thought about that before you came into my car. And anyways i could really need someone there just in case i start shouting at her for making stupid choices." To be honest, i do want Nate to be there by my side. Sometimes I have no idea what comes out of my mouth, when I don't think. And plus, I have no idea what to do when it comes to emotional conversations with people, even when that person is one of my best friends. I'll just sit beside them and softly pat them on their back as they cry and weep.

But I know Nate doesn't want to come inside because he doesn't want to witness all of Lisa's crying -if there is something wrong- and i know for a fact, he doesn't want to talk about sex and all that stuff since he is a little woose.

When we reach the door, Nate stands beside me as i knock on the mahogany wooden door. In seconds the door flies open and Lisa is running towards me, jumping into my arms and tightly hugging me. I look towards Nate in a confused look. He just shrugs. Lisa starts to cry into my shoulder. Not knowing what to do, I just pat her on the back and tell her, "Everything's going to be alright. Let's sit down and you can tell us what happened." 

Lisa releases me from her gasp and walk into the house. Nate and me following behind. Nate cloese the door behind him as Lisa and I take our seat on the soft, comfortable couches in the living room. Nate takes his seat on a black bag, close enough for him to hear what happened between Lisa and Craig, if that is the case.