Christmas Special

Christmas Special

The best Christmas present I ever received. Never to be forgotten.

3 years ago

Our house is beautifully decorated in Christmas decorations. Christmas will always be my favourite part of the year, coming after my birthday, of course.

Dad put up fairy lights outside making the house shine bright like a diamond. Inside feels so cosy, and Christmas like –though it doesn’t snow here. Mum put candles around the house; our tree is exquisitely decorated from top to bottom of the tree with tons and tons of presents stacked on top of one another at the bottom.

Family and friends started to pile into the house. Luckily for us McKenzie’s we don’t have a lot of people in our family. There are just 5 or 6 other families.

Once everyone has arrived all the parents sit around the dining room whereas the younger teens and kids sit around the living room, watching our favourite Christmas movie ‘Elf’.

To my surprise, Nate was over. I wonder what happened to Christmas with his family. But who cares, he’s here. I would do anything to see him, especially on Christmas.

When we’re halfway through the movie, the grownups interrupt us, “okay kids, it’s time to open the presents.” I always feel like a 5 year old when it comes to opening presents, though I’m only 14.

Throughout the ‘opening presents’ time, everyone are singing Christmas carols.

“Jingle Bells, Jingle BellsJingle all the way.Oh what fun is it to ride in a one horse golden slay, hey!” 

Although the younger kids sing, “Jingle Bells, Batman smells…”

Everyone was getting into the Christmas spirit. I got so many presents, it’s so overwhelming. I decided to take all my presents up to my room; I got some help from –to my surprise– Nate.

“Here, let me help you.” He sticks out his hands.

I put some stuff into his, “thanks.” We walk up to my room together.

I tell him to just leave them on the floor of the foot of my bed, “We should go back downstairs.”

On our way out, Lisa was in the doorway. “Stop right there, you two.” Lisa sticks out both her hands, signalling us to stop.

“What happened?” I ask her.

She points to something on top of Nate and my head. A mistletoe. I don’t remember sticking that on my doorframe. Lisa runs off, giggling to herself. She knows I like Nate, she must’ve put it there when we were putting my stuff away. I’m so getting her back for that.

“So umm, I guess we have to, you know –kiss.” Nate says, rubbing the back of his neck and looking at his shoes.

I can feel my cheeks burning, “you don’t have to if you don’t want to.” I reassure him.

He lifts his head; our eyes lock instantly, “No no, its fine. I want to.” He steps forward and to my surprise he kisses me. Not on the cheek or forehead, but on the lips. He steps back and caresses my cheek. “Merry Christmas!”

I give him the biggest smile, “Best Christmas present ever.”

*

**

***

**

*
Oh, young love.

Merry Christmas!!! It’s Christmas Eve here in Australia, so I wanted to update something special. I know this is hella short, but this wasn’t on my update schedule but its Christmas, so this is my present to you especially for those waiting for the first Natella kiss.

AND, it’s also Louis Tomlinson’s 22nd birthday today!!! So Happy Birthday to my boo.