Chapter 16

Chapter 16

Lisa’s POV

“Before I start, are you guys thirsty?” I ask both Ella and Nate. They both shake their heads. “Hungry, maybe?” They shake their heads once again.

“Just get with the story.” El suggests.

“Okay –” I begin to start. I take a long, heavy breath, “It started on Adrian’s birthday…”

-The day of Adrian’s 18th-

I had a couple of shots with some of Adrian’s friends. I’m not the socialising type of person, though, but when I have alcohol in my system, I can make friends with all types of people.  I’m a total different person when I consume alcohol.

I saw Ella having an intimate conversation with Danny –one of Adrian’s friends– so I wanted to join them, or at least cock block them since the only person I let Ella be with is Nate –her one and only.

One of my favourite songs started to play –Love More by Chris Brown. I need Ella to come and dance with me. Just when I was going to get Ella, she starts to walk off, leaving Danny puzzled at first. But who cares about Danny. I catch up to Ella, grabbing her arm, “let’s dance, this is my favourite song.” I shout over the music.

I pull her into the garage pushing and shoving others to make our way into the middle of the dance floor. Everyone’s jumping and shouting the lyrics, moving their hips to the rhythm of the music. I feel a hand gently touch the side of my hips. I grab the hand and sway my hips with the music. The scent of tequila flows into my nostrils as he whispers something into my ear, feeling the warmth of his breath against my neck, “want to go somewhere more private?” I quickly turn around to be faced with Craig. A smile creeps on my face.

Remembering Ella is dancing with me, I turn back around just in case she sees me with Craig. Ella was busy being occupied with other boys trying to get her attention. “I’ll meet you inside in 10.” Craig kisses my cheek and he vanishes into the crowd. Does he have superpowers? Because every time he kisses me, he keeps disappearing afterwards.

Once the song finishes, Ella and I really need another drink. After our 3rd drink, Ella suggests we go into the basement for some more fun.

“Okay, whoever scores, the other person has to drink up. So you have to keep scoring to survive. Got it McKenzie?” One of Adrian’s footy mates explained the game to Ella. Ella nodded whereas I stood there confused.

After like 14 games, Ella won at least 5, but the guys won 9. So that was 9 vodka shots. I lost all my games, so I was pretty much wasted by the end of it. Knowing I was going to lose all the other games, I sneak out remembering I forgot to see Craig. Just like that, someone wraps their arms around my waste from behind and pulls me into their hard, chiselled chest. “It’s way past 10, young lady. Where have you been?”

I try to turn my body so I’m facing Craig. Once I managed to turn around, I wrap my arms around his neck, his arms still around my waste. “I lost track of time, sorry.”

“Doesn’t matter, you’re here now.” He comes closer, pecking my lips. I want more though and clearly he wants more, too. Craig lets go and takes my hand in his, pulling me towards the stairs.

There were so many rooms in Ella’s house but not one of them was available –all of them were being occupied by people making out and doing their own thing. “Do you just want to come to my place? I ask.

His eyes widen in satisfaction “But what about your parents?”

“They’re out of town for Oscar’s family excursion.” The only reason why I didn’t want to go because I knew this party was going to be way more fun than spending my weekend with 6 year olds and their parents.

“In that case, I would love to go to your place.” Since Craig came with one of his mates, we both go in my car. Luckily for me, being drunk and stuff, I only live a few blocks away and hardly any cops patrol in this area.

We made it safely to my place. The house is all dark and quiet. Just the way I like it. We both walk into the house, I lock the door behind me. Craig follows me as we make our way to my room and we started to kiss and –

-Now-

“Yeah, we get the point. We don’t want every detail.” Ella interrupts me. But thank god for that, because I don’t want my best friend and her to-be boyfriend knowing all the ‘tmi’ information about my sex experience. “Was that why you were acting all weird the morning I picked you up for the mall?” I nodded.

“Was this the day I was with your ‘biffle’, Slutiana?” We all started laughing at how Nate air quoted ‘biffle’ as he said it and the fact that he still remembers the nickname Ella gave Tatiana when we first met her.

“Yes.” Ella says as her laughing starts getting out of control which makes everyone start laughing.

Once the laughter dies down, “Do you hate me?” I ask them, but the question is basically directed to Ella.

“Hate you for what?” Nate questions. But once he knows I wasn’t really asking him, he stands and excuses himself.

“No, I don’t hate you. I would never hate you. You’re my best friend, you’ve been my best friend since we were only 8 and look at us now. We’ve grown up together. We’re like sisters now. I would never hate you in a million years, even if you fell pregnant, I would never hate you.”

“Uh, about that…” I add.

*
**
***
**
*

Dun dun duuuuuuun.

I don’t know what to say, but I would like to give my condolences to the Walker family for the loss of Paul Walker. I wasn’t much of a Fast and the Furious fan, but I still liked watching them. Another life taken too soon.  He was young, talented and had so much ahead of him. But seeing the state the car was in after the crash and explosion that he and a friend of his was in makes me tear up even more.
You would be missed, RIP Paul Walker. ♥