Chapter 21

Chapter 21

Robert’s POV

I’ve been sitting here for the past 3 hours. Who would have thought I would ever step foot in a police station. But here I am, in Ella’s arms –crying at 11pm.

6 hours earlier

Jeremiah and I are at the movie store figuring out what we should watch for tonight. Everyone –and when I mean everyone I just mean the mains– are coming over Jeremiah’s for movie night. Ella said he has a huge ass television in his living room which would make the night even better. Ever since I’ve met Jeremiah and been dating him, I have never been to his house.

“Let’s have a horror night.” Jeremiah picks up Insidious 1 and 2 from the shelf. I snatch it out of hishands, nodding of agreement as I read the back of the DVD case.

                *****

I’m welcomed into Jeremiah’s house with the smell of fresh smelling flowers. It’s so big; I don’t even know where to look. I look into the living room and understand what Ella meant when she means his TV is huge, it’s bloody massive. I hear faint footsteps echoing throughout the foyer of his house.

“Hello, you must be Robert. Jeremiah has told me so much about you. I’m Julie, Jeremiah’s mother.” A smiling woman approaches me and kisses me on the cheek.

When we part, I say, “Wish I could say the same thing. You have such a lovely home.” I walk around admiring the small delicacies lying around the house.

“Please make yourself at home.” She turns to Jeremiah, “Well, I’m just going to head out to a friend’s house. Don’t trash the place.” Julie says, pointing at Jeremiah. “It was great meeting you, Robert.” She opens the door and she’s gone.

After Jeremiah shows me around his massive house we part our ways. Jeremiah heads into the kitchen to get all the snacks and drinks ready. I’m in charge withgetting the living room all snuggly and comfortable.

I chuck some pillows here and there, moving things around. When I’m done, I walk towards to the kitchen where Jeremiah is. Walking through the corridor, I see a lot of pictures hanged up and placed on a narrow table to one side of the hallway.

I observe the photos. There are heaps of photos of teenage boys, which I guess is Jeremiah and probably his brother. There is another photo –a family photo, two adults and three young children; two young boys and a little girl –which kind of lookslike Ella with the mahogany brown hair and the face structure. Ella looked exactly like her when El was her age.

I look through other photos for the little girl but there aren’t other ones. There’s only one photo of her. I wonder where Jeremiah’s siblings are.

I make my way into the kitchen. “Hey, Jeremiah, I couldn’t help but notice you have siblings?” I sit myself onto the stool by the island table.

“Yeah, I do. But they don’t live with us.” He replies taking the plates of snacks into the living room.

I take the other plates and follow him. “So what are their names?”

“Jackson and Joelle.”

“This house is full of J’s. I like it.” Jeremiah is all quiet. “Where are they?”

It takes a while for Jeremiah to answer. “Jackson is living in the UK with his fiancé.” He stops talking.

“And what about Joelle?”

“Can you stop questioning me? Just let it go! They’re not here, and you will probably never meet them!” He begins to start shouting at me. Did I do something wrong to make him this unhappy? I just wanted to know about his siblings. Maybe that was a bad idea.

Just when I was going to ask him another question there’s a knock at the door. “I’ll get that. You need to take a breather.”

“Rob, I’m sor– ” I walk off on him. I don’t want to hear it.

I walk to the front door and unlock it. It’s Ella, Adrian and Lisa. But no Nate to be seen. When they walk into the foyer, I can see Adrian’s eyes widen with excitement.

“Yo, McJer. Loving the place, expect to see me here more often.” Adrian says while plopping himself onto the couch with his hands behind his head.

After chatting and talking it’s about 6pm. We decide to start watching Insidious. Ella doesn’t mind with the movie choice but Lisa is complaining every second until we put the movie in, she shut her mouth and closed her eyes.

Adrian would make Lisa jump now and then by randomly scaring her. It was hilarious. It’s about 8pm and we’re about to start part 2 of the movie, I decide to bake brownies.

Just when I put the brownie mix into the oven, there’s a knock at the door. I doubt the other guys can hear the knock as the movie is too loud. I wash my hands and wipe them on the apron.

I open a door to be faced with roughly 4 men in uniform. “Hi, Officer, what can I help you with?”

“Is Marcus home?” The police officer asks.

“I’m sorry, but there’s no one that goes by that name.” I tell him. He definitely has the wrong house.

The officer takes a piece of paper out of his pocket, “you may know him as Jeremiah.” I take the photo from his hand. A tear starts to make its way down my face.

“Rob, who’s at the door?” I hear Jeremiah. I turn around and Jeremiah has this innocent face painted on, but is he innocent?

“That’s him. Marcus, you are under arrest for the murder of Mace.” The other policeman shoves past me and cuffs Jeremiah and taking him away. By this point, I’m crying a river.

All the others come from the living room to ask what happened. “Jeremiah just got arrest for murdering someone.” I tell them.

No-one but Nate जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें