Chapter 13

Chapter 13

Never had I been so excited to go school. After what ever happened last night, I feel so eager to see Nate. Even though nothing even happened, it just feels like when we talk, there are fireworks exploding in the background behind us.

But the first thing that comes into my mind once I step foot in the school is once I find Lisa, we need to talk. She didn’t call or text yesterday so clearly something is up. I walk towards my locker first, maybe Lisa is waiting for me at my locker like what she always does. But there is no Lisa just a worried Rob – pacing back and forth, biting his nails.

I open the locker ignoring the way Rob is acting… maybe it’s nothing. Though it’s not like Rob. I turn around to face him, but bumping into him instead.

“Woah bro, did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed, or something?” I ask him, punching him on the shoulder softly.

“Now’s not the time for jokes. Something’s wrong with Lisa.” He explains, continuing to bite on his nails.

“Have you talked to her?” I start to walk to Lisa’s locker. Maybe she just came and putting things into her locker.

Rob caught up to me, “I don’t know, I just have that feeling something is wrong.”

I give him that are-you-being-serious look. He just shrugs.

*****

I’ve checked my phone approximately a thousand times to check if Lisa had texted or called me –but nothing. It’s already the end school and I haven’t seen Lisa all day. Apparently Lisa’s mum called the school saying Lisa won’t be attending school today because she’s not feeling well. It’s not like Lisa so be all diseased.

The last time Lisa became sick was in 7th grade when she had Swine Flu –Lisa does not get sick.

Once I reach my car, I text Lisa, “yo, are u @ home? Im dropping by heard u aren’t feeling well.” I unlock my door but just when I’m about to open the door, someone shoves me to the side. “Oi, watch it!” I lift myself up, brushing the dirt off my jeans, looking up to realise it’s Craig –the school bully, the one who seems to be ‘sleeping’ with Lisa.

What does he want?

Like he could read my mind, “I just came to ask if you’ve seen Lisa.” I just stare blankly at him. “So, have you seen her or not?” This time he stomps forward, nearly knocking me down.

“No, I haven’t. She didn’t come to school today.” I try to say in my most bravest voice –note, I ‘tried’.

Craig just walks away. When he’s like a metre away, “forget I ever came up to you and ask about Lisa.”

What? How can I forget that one of the scariest kids in school came up to me in the parking lot, asking for my best friend –who may or may not be sleeping with her. It wasn’t like he was asking for candy or something. But still, Craig was asking for my best friend, which I don’t even know myself where that girl is.