When Deep Down, I Love You - Sam (1/2)

Start from the beginning

They were making out for like 30+ seconds. I actually felt tears brim my eyes. My throat did the thing that it does when you're about to cry, so it hurts and you can't speak.

They finally stopped, then it was Colby's turn.

He spun the bottle and it landed on Sam.

WHY IS SAM KISSING EVERYONE EXCEPT ME?!?

Wait, never mind, I forgot, they're both two straight males who couldn't even pretend kiss.

Colby ended up chickening out, which was the perfect time for me to sneak away. I quietly walked outside, and sat down on the driveway. I wanted to be left alone with my thoughts.

I sat there, thinking about Sam and I, how we'll never date, and how I'll have to watch him love other girls.

I started crying.

This isn't what I wanted to happen. I called an Uber because I didn't feel like dealing with people right now.

By the time my Uber arrived, no body had came to check on me, which hurt a little bit.

I stepped into the Uber, and he drove me to my apartment complex.

When we got there, I thanked him and walked to the elevator. I texted Sam, telling him that I left early.

Y- you ; S- Sam

Y- I left early, I'm not feeling good.

S- I could've taken you home

Y- it's fine, don't worry about me.

S- I'm coming over, Colby's hanging out with a girl anyway

Y- it's fine

S- I'm already on my way.

I walked into my apartment, and set my phone on the counter. I went into the bathroom and looked at myself.

Wow, the Uber driver must've thought I was crazy. My mascara was running down my cheeks, and my lipstick was smudged. I washed the makeup off and changed into more comfortable clothing. I went onto Netflix, and put on Supernatural.

A few minutes later, there was a knocking at my door.

"Go away." I shouted, so Sam could hear through the door. I just wanted to be left alone right now.

"No, I'm not going away." He shouted back.

"Well, I'm not letting you in."

"Okay then."

I heard the jingling of keys, and then my front door opened, to reveal Sam.

Just seeing him there made me cry.

He shut the door and rushed over to me.

"What's wrong?" He asked, trying to calm me down.

"Nothing." I replied bluntly.

"Y/n, obviously there's something wrong."

"Okay, yes, something's wrong, but you can't fix it."

"I can try, please, y/n, tell me what's wrong." He sounded genuinely concerned.

I started to cry even more. He rubbed his hand up and down my back, trying to console me. I pushed his hand off of me and backed up. He looked hurt by my action.

"Sam, I can't tell you." I struggled to get out between my cries.

"But I thought best friends told each other everything." He replied.

I got mad.

"THAT'S EXACTLY IT SAM!" I shouted at him.

He looked confused.

"I CAN'T KEEP PRETENDING TO BE HAPPY BEING YOUR BEST FRIEND WHEN DEEP DOWN..." I paused.

"Deep down what?" He asked.

I took a deep breath.

"When deep down, I love you." I said softly. I looked up at him. He didn't say anything, he just stood there.

"This is what I was afraid of, this is why I never told you." I said in between cries.

"Y/n, I'm sorry." He replied.

"Sorry for what Sam? Sorry that you don't love me?" I accused him.

He slowly nodded.

"Yup, that's what I thought, because no one could ever love the sorry girl. No one could ever love me."

"No, y/n, it's not like that." Sam tried to comfort me.

"Sam, you can't force someone to love someone else. So please, for my sake, please just leave." I said, pointing towards the door.

"Y/n-" I cut him off.

"Sam! Just please leave."

He nodded and walked out of the door.

Out of my life.

wow! Very intense. Please vote and comment if you want to :)

Should this get a part 2?

-m