Kurloz X Reader

...A norwegian forest cat, hiding on a shelf, watching me with purple eyes.
I at once noticed the stitches, causing me to gasp.

"Who in their right mind sews a cat's mouth shut!? Not only is that animal cruelty, but it's idiotic! How is he supposed to eat without the use of his mouth!?" I snapped, picking him down gently.
I went over to the counter, putting him down as I took some scissors to cut the string.
I then carefully removed it, frowning as I did.
"Idiots astound me sometimes with their stupidity." I grumbled, petting him absentmindedly.

As Louise came out, out of breath, she saw the string.

"What's that?" she asked.

"Some idiot had sewn his mouth shut." I grumbled, motioning for the cat.
She sighed.

"Well, anyway, what did you call me for?" she wondered.

"I want a companion cat." I said.

"Then take that guy. His name's Kurloz." she said, going over to the collars.
She took a purple one, handing it to me.
"Take him and go, I've got a job to do." she said, and I slipped the collar onto Kurloz' neck.

"Well, looks like you're coming with me, then." I said, picking him up and leaving.
He only looked at me in silence as I walked.

If it was a person, that would be creepy as fuck.
But, it wasn't.

As I got home, I looked at Kurloz.

"This is your new home, Kurloz. Hope you like it here." I said, moving to put him down.
However, he dug his claws into my shoulder, as if not wanting me to, so I stood straight with a sigh.
Once I did, he retracted his claws again.
"Okay, I won't put you down. You hungry?" I wondered.

He, instead of answering, buffed his head to mine in a cuddly way.
It made me giggle.

"I'll take that as a yes." I said, going to the kitchen to fix us some lunch.

~~~~

Two months passed, and I was now having some friends over.
One of them was deaf, so they had taken it upon themselves to teach me sign language for quite some time now.

Kurloz was the cutest creepy cat I had ever seen.
Whenever I had friends over, or anyone really, he would lie on the top shelf in the bookcase and stare at them until they left.
But when I was alone with him he would curl up in my lap and purr as we cuddled.
I guess he just didn't like other people.

Anyway, back to present.
My friends had just arrived, and one of them spotted Kurloz on the top shelf, staring at them.

*Hey, is that your cat? It's so cute!* she signed.
I grinned proudly.

*I know, but he doesn't seem to like strangers. Always stare at them until they leave.* I replied.
She shrugged,before getting the others to join in the conversation.

We talked, well, signed for a few hours before they decided to leave.
One guy stayed behind in the doorway as the others left.

"Hey, you know, we should totally go out sometime." he said.
Okay, that surprised me.
Now, how to let him down without totally crushing him...
Aha!

"Wait, what? Sorry, but we hardly even know eachother yet. I'd rather get to know you before jumping on hasty decisions..." I said, and he blinked a few times while it sunk in.

"Oh. Well... Anothe rtime, then." he said with a smile and left.

I let out a breath of relief as I closed the door.
I turned around, only to jump at the sight of Kurloz in the living room doorway.
I placed a hand over my chest, trying to calm my suddenly racing heart.

"Geez, Loz. Almost gave me a heartattack." I said, going to the couch to sit down.
He jumped into my lap, sitting there wile looking into my eyes.
"You're such an adorable creep, Loz. And I wouldn't have it any other way." I said, kissing the top of his head before starting the movie in the player, Edward Scissorhands.

Kurloz jumped off the couch, going somewhere else.
I didn't even notice the bright light in the room he had gone to.
I did, however, feel rather sleepy all of a sudden.
It didn't take long for me to be out like a light.

~

As I came to, it was dark in the apartment as well as outside, and there was a blanket covering me.
I looked around, trying to see SOMETHING.

I managed to spot a figure moving, soon crouching in front of me.
It grabbed my hand, moving it into sing language positions.
Since because I could barely see anything I wouldn't be able to see his own signs.
So he let me feel the signs myself.

And from his hand, I could tell it was a male.

*Don't be all up and scared, lil mama. this motherfucker will protect you.* the signs spelled.

"Who-who are you?" I asked carefully.

*Kurloz.* was the reply he gave me.

"You mean my cat?" I wondered, and he only signed 'yes'.
"Why is it so dark in here?" I pressed.

*The power all up and died all over the block, and the sun has set. Can't find any motherfucking candles.* was his explanation.
Well, thet DID make sense.

"They should be in the bottom drawer in the kitchen. There should also be a flashlight by the front door." I told him.

*No batteries for the miracle machine. I'll get a candle.* he told me, let go of my hand, and stood.
I didn't actually hear him move, but I saw the silhuette just barely, so I knew he left.

I soon heard the sound of a match lighting, and a lightsource soon moved closer.
He sat in front of me, holding the candle.
I had to blink a few times, the light blinding me temporarily.
As my eyes adjusted, I looked into his.

His lips had holes, where the stitches had been before.
His hair was messy, yet neat in its own way, and two somewhat long horns emerged from the mess of black curls.
His skin was grey, and the sclera in his eyes yellow.
His irises were purple, the same shade as the cat's.
He had a slight smile on his lips, and his eyes looked like calm danger.
I could tell at once that he was more dangerous that he seemed.
He was also wearing a skeleton hoodie of mine, along with one of my pairs of black slacks.

"What happened to change you?" I asked.
He lifed his free hand to sign.

He apparently didn't know exactly how he bacame a cat, but the kiss turned him back.
He explained how he had grown attatched to me during our time together, and in turn become very protective of me.
That's why he disliked strangers so much.
He saw them as threats.

As he was done, he lowered his hand again.

"So... You care for me?" I asked, recieving a nod.
"Well, obviously I'm not minding all that much that you're a troll all that much. However, if you want to stay, you'll have to earn your keep." I warned.
As his eyes suddenly started glowing, the candle went out.
Where he put it, I had no idea.

The glow in his eys was still visibly though, and it was moving closer, until his lips met mine.
I at the same time felt aa voice in my mind, rough yet soothing.

'Oh, I'll be doing more than that, lil mama.'  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

not mine