Gamzee X Reader #3

"Well then tell him!"

"Tell him? Nepeta, are you insane?"

"But the two of you make the purrfect ship!" You sighed in exasperation. After much deliberation, you had decided to tell your close friend, Nepeta about your flush crush on... someone.

"Nep, you don't get it. When it comes to romance I have less confidence than Tavros."

"Oh, come on! You even have pet names for each other." Nepeta gushed.

"Circus freak is not a pet name. It's an affectionate nickname. There is a difference." you said defensively, knowing full well there was no difference.

"Whatefur you say miracle." she teased. As a force of habit, you blushed like you always did when Gamzee called you that.

"Jeez, I'm starting to wish I never brought this up. Listen Nep, I gotta go." As you were about to exit Nepeta called something to you.

"You do want to tell him, don't you?" You stopped, turned around and gave a barely intelligible nod before rushing out of the cave.

~

Nepeta thought for a moment. She could tell it was really bothering (y/n) not telling Gamzee. He was having a picnic tomorrow. Maybe if he and (y/n) ended up alone together somehow... A purrfect plan hatched in Nepeta's head, but she was going to need some help.

arsenicCatnip began trolling twinArmageddons

AC: :33< sollux?
AC: :33< can you purrlease help me with something?
TA: iit depend2.
TA: what exactly do you want me two do?
AC: :33< you know (y/n) right?

~

You arrive at the picnic intentionally wearing purple to catch Gamzee's attention. You had certainly expected a bigger turnout. As you approached the blanket you realized that the only other guest was circus freak himself. You frantically checked the time on your phone. Were you early? Or worse late?! No. You were right on time actually. 7:00 pm on the dot.

Oh well. There were worse things than being alone on a beautiful evening with a tall, handsome troll. You plopped down on the blanket, starlting in Gamzee. No doubt he had been drifting around in la la land.

"Hey, miracle." The involuntary blush threatened to appear on your cheeks. Not today! You suppressed the warmth on your face. "Any idea what's all up and motherf*cking slowing everyone down?"

"No clue."

"That's cool. A party for two is better than no party at all."

"Totally!" you say a bit too cheerily. Then, to make the moment even more awkward, your stomach decided to make an injured walrus sound. So much for not blushing. "Sorry, I just haven't really eaten today."

"It's all good, miracle." Gamzee laughed in that way that chipped away at your anxiety. "I brought some motherf*cking pies," he gestured at the spread behind him and you cringed a bit at the slime. Circus freak had persuaded you to try slime once. You had spent the rest of the day swishing generous portions of mouthwash to get the flavor out of your mouth. "But those are for me." You exhaled in relief. "I know miracle isn't a fan of the slime, so I brought some motherf*cking sandwiches. PB & J. 'Course, I didn't have any PB, so they're really just J." You smiled at his thoughtfulness.

"Thanks, circus freak." you said, taking a sandwich. A lot of people found it weird you used a normally derogatory term as your nickname for Gamzee, but it made sense to you and it made sense to him and that was all that mattered. The circus part was self explanatory but the freak part stumped everyone except for the two of you. Gamzee was just freaky, in the most adorable sense of the word. As for your nickname, Gamzee always said you were made of miracles. But wasn't everyone in his eyes?

You bit down on the sandwich and Gamzee swirled the slime around in the tin with his index finger. You ate and sipped faygo in silence for a whie until you noticed Gamzee staring at your face with his purple eyes squinted just a bit. He set down his pie and scooted closer to you so your knees touched. Then, slowly, he reached over and wiped something off your chin the way a grandmother might. He licked his thumb and grinned. "A little J on your chin there, miracle"

"O-Oh," you stuttered, "Right, thanks."

"Hey, you motherf*cking okay, miracle?" he puts a cold hand on your forehead. Would he just stop touching your face before every blood vessel in your nose burst?! "You feel kinda warm."

"I-I'm fine." you said, practically glowing with a red blush. You searched for an explanation to your overheating face. "It's just- with the humidity and-" your half-assed explanation was (thankfully) cut off by your phone buzzing. It was Nepeta. Two words.

:33< look up. So you did. And Gamzee followed. Your jaws dropped in unison.

Floating high above you were huge, glowing marquee letters that spelled out FLUSHED FOR YOU CIRCUS FREAK.

You turned to the awestruck troll next to you. "Gamzee- This wasn't my idea. I wasn't going to say anyth-" You were cut off by him sweeping you off the ground and connecting his lips with yours. After a moment you separated and you smiled sheepishly, positive there was face paint on your lips. "You motherf*cking miracle." Gamzee grinned.

"You crazy circus freak." You said, pulling him into another kiss.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

not mine