Grub!Signless X Highblood!Reader #2

The female (h/b/c) Trolls' frightened eyes searched around the perimeter of the grand high-bloods castle; for him or any lower blooded trolls. The troll let out a breath that she hadn't known that she was holding then bolted out of the castles doors and out into the deserted wasteland outside of it. Oddly, there were no carriages that would be carrying the Grand High Bloods prey. She ignored the strange occurrence and continued to the way she was told in the letter she had opened not too long ago.

That letter had come from a certain jade blooded troll whom seemed to be in quite a predicament. Honestly, The two of them had been moirails ever since they were grubs, but since they were a few Blood colors apart- The jade blood had been forced into slavery (or that was what the highblood was told)and the (h/b/c) had gone to work under the grand high blood. Neither of them could figure out which one was worse. But, they decided that neither of them were too bad, since both of their superiors permitted them to send letters every so often. In obvious cases, that had not sufficed.

~~

It seemed like sweeps had passed since she raced out of the depressing castle, and luckily, the high blood troll was able to stop once she had spotted a fashionable troll sitting on a rock outside of a cave. A smirk came to her face, and her blood pusher drummed against her ribs with excitement.

Once her breath caught up to her, she hopped from rock to rock down the steep hill that was patched with dead grass and bones of different beasts. Normally for a troll that had spent their life indoors, they would cringe or throw up at this sight, but she paid no attention to the rotten landscape.

The dolorosa looked up from the ground to the (H/b/c) themed clothes that was darting down the hill. Her mind told her to grab what she hid inside and run, but then she remembered the reason why she was out there just how the troll had found her. How silly of her to forget!

"(Title)? Is that you?" she called out, hoping it reached the said trolls ear, which did. Dolorosa hopped off of the stone and slowly walked closer to the highblood.

"It is me, porrim. Did I not tell you to call me by my actual name?" Said the high blood, taking in the fashionista into a tight hug. It was almost if they- oh wait. They hadn't seen each other since they were little. Hm. No simile here.

~To 'you'~

You gently pushed away your beautiful moirail and took a hold of her pale hands. She truly was beautiful and you would be lying if you said you weren't at least a little bit jealous. You looked around to see if anyone had been stupid enough to follow you, making your long raven hair do some wicked flicks in the air. You then looked back to your moirail with a confused look. "Porrim, didn't you say that you were in trouble?" You said as you raised an elegantly trimmed brow. Her composed features turned into a sour pout, like a child that had gotten its toy taken away.

"(f/n), I have no idea what to do. I had found this poor grub out there with no lusus! And you know me- I had to take him in!" Ranted dolorosa. She let go of one of your hands and led you into the cave with the other. The cave was dimly lit with half used candles that were melted into a rock that was sticking out of the wall. You hypothesized that they were left there by the last person that had lived here.

The Dolorosa suddenly stopped, making you crash into her surprisingly toned back.

You hissed at her but then stopped when you caught her moving downward and coming back up with something in her arms. You tried to look over her shoulder to see the object, but she was too tall for your liking. Slowly, she turned around as if she was having second thoughts about trusting you with this.... whatever this is.

As the object came into view, you noted it had short shaggy hair and nubby horns that barely peeked out. She soon turned fully to you, and the grub that lay in her arms looked at you with its bright candy red eyes. The mere mutant color made you stagger back in shock. Dolorosa looked at you with sorrowful eyes that had a small sliver of hopefulness in them, but you continued to marvel at the child.

His candy red eyes and shell seemed to glow in the darkness of the cave. His eyes scanned your form with the same (if not more) amount of curiosity as yours. Then, your eyes met, and you both stared at each other for what felt like an eternity. The feeling of longing and dreams of the future filled your chest. The grub suddenly bursts into giggles, making you and Dolorosa jump with surprise.

"I... Believe he likes you, (f/n)... I have never made him so amused like this." Said dolorosa, staring wide eyed at the giggle machine. You tilted your head in confusion.

'Why is the mutant laughing? Had I made a face to amuse him?' you thought.

Your moirail looked back up to you, and you looked up to her. "I am relieved that he likes you, (f/n)." She said, petting the grubs head carefully. Your brow knitted together and you pointed an accusing finger at her. You could already tell what she wanted by her smile and the way her movements were. You shook your head rapidly and said. "O-oh no! I am not going to raise him with you! You know that I work with grand high blood a-!" She cut you off by shoving the grub into your face, and it made the cutest little 'squeak' noise that you have ever heard.

"Oh come now! You know that grand high blood couldn't care less if you disappeared!" she said as you reluctantly grabbed the shell of the blushing grub and cradled it in your arms. Your eyes widened slightly at her words.

"Wow, that is the first time that I heard you say something bitchy!" you said and looked down at the little one that was currently sniffing your attire. A smile curled your lips. "But I know you're right." you said.

Of course the GHB wouldn't care if you were gone. You knew that he had other people lined up to take your place, just in case if you DID run away or if he simply killed you out of boredom. The thought of you making contact with his rainbow splattered clubs made you shiver with discontent.

You looked up to the jade blood, her eyes mimicking a bark beasts' and her hands clutched together like she was praying. You sighed and held the grub closer "Fine. I'll help." you said, looking to the wall.

They both let out excited screes and hugged you, forcing a (H/b/c) hue to consume your gray cheeks.

But you knew you would both raise him to have a glorious life.

The end.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

not mine