Chapter 17 - The End Of An Innocent Life

It has been fun with Leocade and Lord Fallacy 'sharing' me, for the past few days... But it will all end soon and it is worrisome, having to weight the pros and cons carefully.   Right now me and Leocade are walking through the gardens alone.   Lord Fallacy is busy in meetings, again.  "Is there, something the matter?"  Leocade asks.  I blush and look away from him.  "No, there is nothing wrong."  I say starting to walk ahead of him.  His grip around my hand tightens as he pulls me closely.  He is well... at least most of the time, extremely gentle with me.  "My sweet... Please tell me what is going through your mind."  He says worriedly.  I frown slightly feeling tears starting to prick my eyes.   "Encre..."  He says kneeling down while holding my hands.  "You have been thinking heavily about the competition, have you not?"  He asks gently, his eyes showing worry.  I nod.  "To me if I win or lose, it does not matter.  My love for you will never change.  I will always love you and only you."  Leocade says.  I start to shake slightly as my eyes close and tears start to fall.  Leocade hugs me bringing us both down.   "It is alright... You must be so stressed out, my sweet."  He says softly.  I nod feeling myself going into a panic attack.  "I cannot... Breathe."  I panic grabbing my chest.  "You need to calm down... You need to breathe deeply."  Leocade says lifting up my chin as a tear slips down my cheek.  He kisses me gently and places a hand on my chest.  There is a gentle glow of blue there.  I can breathe again and I feel so warm.   I place a hand over his.  Leocade pulls me towards him.   I fall into a soothing darkness.

Small Time skip... ~Brought to you by... A random sexual photo~

 A random sexual photo~

(Author: Hehehe) 

Leocade's P.O.V...

I carry Encre bridal style into the castle.  He is fast asleep in my arms.  My idiotic 'son' and multiple Lords are all talking in the hallway.  He looks towards me and looks angered, there is no worry in his eyes for Encre at all.   I walk past them and bring Encre upstairs to his and my 'son's' room.  I change Encre into his night clothes before tucking him in.  I kiss his forehead gently, before making my way down stairs towards where the meeting is being held.  My 'son' comes towards me.  "Where did you leave him?"  He asks.  "He is resting in your bedroom... Did you not see me carrying him?"  I ask calmly.  My 'son's' face looks shocked.  "You are not doing this competition correctly, you fool.   Your greed and ego are getting in the way of your soul, at least whatever is left of that thing.  You are only doing this to beat me, you have no concern over his condition at all."  I state coldly.  "How dare-..."  Fallacy starts.  "You are aware he is suffering from a mortal born disease correct?  Or have you not noticed like others have?" I ask.  Fallacy's face looks horrified.   "You have not noticed..."  Lord Night says worry clear in his voice.  Fallacy's face is dark before he rushes upstairs.  "Do not pretend like you care, like you have to all of the others."  I say cruelly.  He ignores me.

"You are the Rouge Vampire leader... You and Lord Fallacy look so alike in person."   A lord says.  I finish walking down the steps while laughing.  "We better..." I start as I reach the bottom.  "He is my 'son' after all."  I laugh.  "What?"  Most of the Lords say.  "Lord Jasper... You are a child of my idiotic Son correct?"  I say turning to see a smaller lord glaring at me.  "Yes... I am one of them."  He says calmly.  "At least you turned out right.  Your mother was a very sweet mortal..."  I state with a sigh.  Lord Jasper looks shocked.  "One of? I thought..."  Lord Night says.  "He has had more partners than I have ever had.  I was with his mother and another.  My son has extras along with Encre at the moment and do you care to know a fact?"  I say smirking near the end.  "He is a tramp."  Lord Dream mutters.  A few of the lords nod as I turn walking towards the doors.  "This is not the first time we have fought over a partner.  It lasts between twenty minutes and 20 years on some occasions, but he will always eventually leave the fought over partner since, he has multiple others..."  I say turning to face them again.  "He does not truly care about Encre, he only wishes to win the competition."  I state before disappearing. 

Time skip...

Encre's P.O.V...

I wake up feeling warm and happy and it does not hurt for once.  I smile placing a hand on my chest where Leocade's hand was when I fell asleep.  I sit up seeing I am wearing my night clothes.  I smile gently as I stand up slowly.  I walk over to the window.  The sun is shining brightly.   There is a knock at the door.  "Come in."  I say happily.  The door opens and Lord Night is there.  I smile brightly at him. "You seem to be in a good mood."  He says smiling.  "I guess so!"  I laugh.  "Brother!!!"  I hear.  I see Paint come in rushing past Lord Night.  He looks panicked and he has tears streaming down his face.  I kneel down and he runs into my arms.  The smell of blood is sharp in the air.  Lord Night looks extremely worried.   Paint is holding his hand to his chest.  I hold him while he is holding his soul.  It looks badly damaged.  "It hurts..."  he cries.  "It is alright come on.  Let me put you to bed and when you wake up you will feel all better."  I say smiling.  Paint nods as I pick him up.  I can feel the silver shards covering his soul and body against my chest.  

I tuck Paint into bed while he is crying softly.  I kiss him on the forehead and he smiles.   "I will read you your favourite story."  I say in my excited voice while grabbing the book.  "Yay!"  He says smiling.  I start to read it to him. He is slowly turning to dust while laughing and smiling.  I am distracting him from the pain.  "Brother, I love you."  Paint says.  "I love you too."  I say trying to hold back the tears.  "Brother, why are you tearing up?"  Paint asks.  "I am just so happy to hear you say you love me, Paint, because I love you so much."  I say as tears start to slip from my eyes.  "I love you more!"  Paint laughs.   The door opens and there is Lord Night and multiple other Lords there.  Tears are now streaming down my face as I hold him in my arms.  "When you wake up we are going to play together alright?"  I say feeling him turning to dust in my arms. "Anything I want?"  He asks.  I look him in the face smiling the brightest and most happiest looking smile I can make.  "Absolutely anything!  It does not matter what it is!"  I say while laying him down.  "Brother..."  Paint says.  "Yes?"  I say smiling gently.  "You were right... It no longer hurts anymore, but I feel really tired."  Paint says.  I hold his hand.  "Well, I guess you should sleep, it is... Getting... Really... L-Late... For you."  I say choking on my tears slightly as he nods, smiling.  "I love you, Paint."  I say as he closes his eyes thinking he is falling asleep.  

My face goes extremely dark as I watch him slowly dust, his hand falling through mine.  I break down into tears silently crying.  I cannot even describe the amount of sadness or the amount of agony I am feeling.  "Sleep... Well... Paint..."  I say before wiping away my tears.  My emotions are slipping from me slowly. Tears just continue to stream down my face.  "What... Happened?"  I hear.  I am looking at the silver shards all throughout his dust.  My hands, arms and parts of my chest are burnt.  Lord Dream comes over to me to see the burns.  "Silver..."  He mutters looking at Paint's dust then back to my extremely burnt hands and arms.