New Friends? - Sam (1/2)

Start from the beginning

When we landed, I asked him a question,"Do you think that when we get off the plane, that I could use your phone to call the hotel that I'm supposed to be staying at, they told me to call when my plane lands so they can open the room."

"Yeah, sure!" He responded with a smile.

We got off the plane and made our way to the exit. It was night-time now. Sam handed me his phone, I searched up the hotel and called them.

"Hello, you have reached the Marriot, and this is Kevin speaking." The employee said, overly enthusiastic.

"Hello, this is y/n y/l/n, and I was told to call in when my plane lands so they can open my room." I said, almost as a question.

"Yes," I could hear typing in the background,"do you know what your room number is?"

"Yes, I believe it was 300."

I few seconds later, he responds,"I'm sorry Ms. y/l/n but you called too late and your room was given away."

What? Are they allowed to do that?"

"What do you mean?" I asked him.

"You have to call between 8:00 am and 9:00 pm and verify, or else your room is up for grabs." He explained, like I was a little kid.

That's the biggest pile of crap I've ever heard.

"Oh, okay." I replied, I felt like I was about to cry, where am I supposed to stay.

"And don't worry, your card hasn't been charged." He added.

"Okay, can I buy another room?" I asked hopefully.

"I'm sorry, but all of our rooms are sold out." He replied.

"Okay, bye." I said, I was seriously about to cry.

I hung up the phone and handed it back to Sam, apparently he could tell something was wrong.

"What's the matter?" He asked, clearly concerned.

"Oh, nothing." I said, I didn't want to include him into my worries.

"Y/n, what's wrong, I can help." He said, desperately wanting to help me.

"The hotel place said that they gave away my room." I said, staring at the ground, I could feel a tear slide down my cheek.

"Oh, do you want me to ask my roommate if you can stay with us for a few days until you move into your apartment?" He said, hope in his eyes.

I looked up at him, and he saw the few tears running down my cheeks. He wiped them off and said,"it's okay, don't cry."

"I'm just being a baby." I said.

"You're not being a baby, if I were in your situation, I would be upset too." He reassured me.

I slightly laughed.

"So are you going to take me up on my offer?" He asked.

"I don't know Sam, I have only known you about a few hours." I said a bit sarcastically.

"Yeah, but now we're like friends." He said.

"Are you sure you're okay with it?" I asked him again."I don't want to intrude."

"I'm 100% sure that I want you to stay with us for a few nights until you get your place." He said.

"And your roommate?" I asked him.

"Let me text him real quick." He said as he pulled out his phone.

A few minutes later, he turned back to me and said,"he said it's perfectly fine with him, as long as you're not drug dealer or a prostitute."

"Well good thing I'm not either of those, lets go!" I said.

"Yes, this is gonna be awesome!" Sam said as he led me to his car.

"Heck ya it is!" I shouted as I climbed into his car.

I guess I was extremely tired or something because 10 minutes into the ride, I fell asleep.

Hey y'all! Thanks for reading, please vote and comment if you feel that this deserves it! That's all for now so, peace! 💗

-m