New Friends? - Sam (1/2)

Start from the beginning

Just my luck.

And I'm way too petty to pay $3 and just buy a pair from here.

I let out a small sigh and flopped back into my seat.

I glanced over at the boy and he had the tray table down, with a notepad on top of it, writing.

I looked at what he was writing, hey it's the only remotely interesting thing on this plane right now.

He looked up at me and my cheeks turned a bright shade of pink. This is so embarrassing. He literally caught me staring at his personal business.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to-" he interrupted me.

"It's fine, I'm Sam, and you are?" He asked, holding out his hand for me to shake.

"Y/n." I said as I shook his hand.

"Well, y/n, any particular reason you're flying out to L.A?" He curiously asked me.

"I'm moving out here, I guess I just wanted a fresh start." I answered truthfully.

He nodded.

"Any reason for you?" I returned the question.

"Yeah, my friend and I live here and we just got off of our tour, so now we're flying back. But we got flights for different times so that's why he's not here right now." He answered, closing his notebook.

"Tour?" I asked him, I had no idea what he meant by tour.

He looked as if he said something he didn't mean to.

"Yeah," he said nervously.

I just dropped the question, he obviously didn't want to discuss it.

"That's cool, what part of Cali do you live in?" I asked him.

"So has this turned into 20 questions?" He asked.

"Apparently it has." I said with a giggle at the end.

"Well, if you're so eager to know where I live, I live in L.A, what about you?"

"I'm moving into an apartment in L.A in about a few days." I replied.

"Cool cool, how old are you?" He asked.

"19, you?"

"20. Favorite food?"

We played until it was his last question and he asked,"what's your number?"

That sly son of a gun.

He handed me his phone so I could put my number in it, and I did the same for him, only my phone was dead.

"Just great." I said.

How did it die? It was at 58% like an hour ago.

"Well, looks like I'll just have to wait." I said as I put my phone back into my backpack.

We just continued talking for the rest of the flight.