Chapter Five

One of the many things I've learned from life is that you can't really push someone to like you the way you like him...you can't make him love you the way you love him especially when he's in love with someone else.

I'm very much aware of the fact that Allain was in love with someone else. It's just so unfair in my part that whatever he does, I'll still found myself walking my way to his heart, a never-ending way to his heart because whatever I do I can't reach him...and I know I'll never reach his heart. But I still wanted to protect his heart from pain, that's the... least thing I can do because I'm in love with him.

But then hearing the one he loves from his mouth just broke my heart into pieces...slowly and hard.

I locked myself up in my room for I don't know how many days...maybe three, four... I don't know. I just need to think and sort things out.

"Sweetie...nag-aalala na kami sayo ng daddy mo. You don't eat that much. Magkakasakit ka niyan." Concern was very evident on my mom's voice. I don't want her worry about me. I'm being immature again. But what can I do...I'm so hurt. I'm beyond hurt. And I hate myself for still thinking I could marry him despite the fact the he still hasn't move on yet.

"I'm okay mom. I'll go to school today." Ngumiti ako kay mommy. "I'm sorry po." And hugged her tight.

"I don't know what happen between the two of you." Mom said. Nagtataka akong tumingin sa kanya. "Allain, visited you for four days...he doesn't want me to tell you about this. Pero I know he's really worried." My mood suddenly lifted up. Ang kaunting tampo sa aking puso ay agad nawala nang marinig ko ang sinabi ni mommy.

"Is he coming today?" Nagkibit ng balikat si mommy.

"I'm not sure sweetheart...but he goes here after his class or training under your ninong." Tumango-tango at tsaka napangiti ako ng malapad. "Why are you so in love with him sweetheart?"

I shrugged my shoulders. "I just knew mom." At agad akong tumayo upang dumiretso sa bathroom.

For couple of days... I haven't talked to anyone except my parents and of course Gale. She was disappointed at me for having an idea of just locking up inside my room. She knows the whole story and she got mad at Allain.

Nagulat pa ata si Ford nang bumaba ako. He was reading a newspaper habang may cup of coffee sa kanyang tabi. He was comfortably sitting in one of our sofas here in our living room.

"You're back." He simply stated. Tinatantiya ang bawat galaw ko.

Ngumisi ako sa kanya. "Yup."

Tsaka ako tumungo sa kusina. Just like Ford, dad's also reading a newspaper and he had his coffee with him on the side.

"Dad!" He was shocked when he saw me. I hugged him. I missed my dad. "Good morning po...I'm sorry."

"Don't you ever do that again... We are worried sick about you especially your mom who planned to call your doctor." Napa- what na lamang ako while mom chuckled from her seat.

Nang pumasok ako sa klase ay halos magkumpulan sa akin ang mga kaklase ko. I'm not really close to all of them pero madali naman akong pakisamahan just like what others said...kaya may mga kaibigan din naman ako bukod kay Gale, but I'm not sure who are true and fake.

Habang si Gale naman ay pinaulanan ako ng sermon. That I should stop pursuing Allain...that one day she hopes na sana mauntog ako sa pader at matauhan. At kung ano-ano pa. I listen to her complaints and sermons.

Hanggang sa kumain kami ng lunch sa cafeteria ay panay pa rin ang sermon niya. Medyo immune na ako, pasok sa kaliwang tainga labas sa kabila. Natigilan lamang siya ng may isang lalaking umupo sa katapat na table namin. The guy looks so familiar.